We don't own a smart phone how many stand-by lines at parks

SEEING THE SIGHTS

Earning My Ears
After spending many weeks at WDW over 35 years. We feel no need to pay more for a ride then what we pay for a A/P. Also we don't own smart phones I am computer literate but don't want to get one for now I know it will have to happen LOL. So....can we get on most rides with what was called stand-by during fireworks and at park closing? Lines should be shorter then during the day.

All except Remy at Epcot. It only uses virtual queue or individual lightning lane purchase.

Everything has stand by except Remy’s. You may also want to decide how to order food as some places only have mobile order or it is Challenging.
Yeah, how to eat is going to be a bigger challenge than rides. Mobile ordering the only option at many spots.

Genie+ and LL was a waste of time and money - but Mobile ordering was priceless!

I think it depends on where you plan to eat - if you're in sit-down / waiter establishments then you'll be fine without a smartphone.

Genie+ and LL was a waste of time and money - but Mobile ordering was priceless!

I think it depends on where you plan to eat - if you're in sit-down / waiter establishments then you'll be fine without a smartphone.

As long as you have an advance reservation - otherwise even the walk up wait list is in the MDE app now.

Agree, your biggest challenge will be meals if you use QS dining. while some will let you walk up an order, many are Mobile Order only.
For TS, if you have ADRs ahead of time, it won't be a problem.

As long as you have an advance reservation - otherwise even the walk up wait list is in the MDE app now.
But even with advance reservations, you have to check in online. My smartphone struggles with apps and my husband wasn't getting very good signal on his when we arrived for a Chef Mickey's reservation in October. They said we had to check in through the app, so it was really frustrating being physically there but having troubles checking in because of tech issues.

You can order from QS without using Mobil order if you explain the situation to a cast member. You can also checkin for table service restaurants in person if you talk to a cast member.

But even with advance reservations, you have to check in online. My smartphone struggles with apps and my husband wasn't getting very good signal on his when we arrived for a Chef Mickey's reservation in October. They said we had to check in through the app, so it was really frustrating being physically there but having troubles checking in because of tech issues.

Maybe don't show a phone to the CM at the window. They all have little smart devices themselves.

You can order from QS without using Mobil order if you explain the situation to a cast member. You can also checkin for table service restaurants in person if you talk to a cast member.
This is true at some QS. When we were there in October, I saw many people turned away from a QS because they were Mobile Order only. (Direct quote from the CM working there). Others would let you order in person, but that was the exception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter