We drove- How much it cost us.

the4moores

Mouseketeer
We drove from London Ontario with a full car load since we camped at Fort Wilderness. We left Saturday September 27th after dinner around 7pm. We crossed at Sarnia and took the I-75.
We stopped at 3pm the next day at a hotel. We left the hotel at 9:30am and arrived at Fort Wilderness by 1:30pm.

Gas:$28, $28.

Tolls: $2.50, $1.00

Hotel: $53.

Food $27. (1 dinner) (We brought picnic lunch, bagels, snacks, drinks--Hotel had hot breakfast included waffles, eggs, cereal, donuts, juice, coffee)

We stayed for 11 nights. We filled up on gas once during our stay $22. This included a trip to Dunedin Florida for the day.

On the way home we left the campground around 9:30am. The kids weren't as well behaved on the way home so we decided to drive all the way home with no stops at a hotel. We crossed at Detroit on the way home and had about 1/2 hour wait at the border. We got home at 11am. We did have a few longer stops on the way home. An hour and a half into the drive our two year-old daughter was sick so we had to stop for a clean-up and change. We arrived near Atlanta just before 5pm on Friday so we decided to have and extended break. Dinner and Wal-Mart. We stopped at a rest station for a few hours for a nap.

Gas: $23. $22. $23. ($50 Canadian fill up at home)

Tolls: $2.50 $1.

Food: $11. dinner at McDonalds (picnic lunch, bagels)

Grand Total: $244 US plus $50 Canadian

Thank you for your report! I will use this info for future trips! S

Hi there. We too drove from London and were there around the same time. Our van took $155 US in gas for the trip. We last filled up in Ohio about 300 km from home, so add about another $30 Cdn to our gas price. We actually found some gas was cheaper than when we were there last Aug/Sept. Hope you enjoyed your stay at Fort Wilderness. I loved having the boat to go to MK when we stayed there in 1997.

Mary Liz

Our drive to Fla Dec 2001 this is just fuel costs for a Montana Minivan we would stop every 500Km's to fill the tank we filled it up in West Lorne on our way out from London.
First stop for gas justinto Kentuky
16.00 US
second Stop was in Ringold Georgia
8.00 dollars US
Next was in Valdosta I think after we stopped for the night but it may have been Macon can't remember now
13.00 US
Fla
22.00 US
plus we took our electric cooler so we had no cost for breakfast as we stopped on the way down at the Georgia Welcome Centre at 7:30 AM and had breakfast there. We then stopped in another rest area just after Atlanta for lunch so no cost there and we did have Wendys for dinner in Valdosta when we stoped at the Fairfield inn which the hotel cost us 42.00 US
We had no overnight stop on the way home we drove straight through with a 5 year old and an 8 month old.
So here are our totals for the drive
101.00 US for the drive down without the food at Wendys but including the hotel.
57.00 US for the drive home for fuel no food included in this either
For a grand total of 156 dollars for gas there and back and a hotel on the way down this is US but still alot cheaper than flights for 3 adults and 2 children and a car rental.

Thanks for posting the totals! I haven't driven to Florida since I last went with my parents. How long did the car trip take and how many drivers did you have?

We left FW at 9:30am and arrived home the following day at 11am. ------------25 1/2 hours.

My estimate would be 22 hours which would include regular stops for gas, lunch, dinner etc.

We had some extra stops:
1hr stop at Wal-Mart
2hr nap at rest station
1/2 hr clean-up after daughter was sick

We had two drivers but my husband did most of the driving. I drove about 4 hours each way.

We made it in about 20 hours driving that isn't including stops that is just driving time. We left London at 7 PM and arrived in Valdosta around 3PM the next day with a 1 hour stop for breafast at the Georgia Welcome Centre and a 1 hour stop atleas for lunch in Macon. We also had a stop at Timmies near Dayton at 12 midnight and then the few gas stops. I drove to the Geargia Welcome Centre and then my mom took over after that to the luch stop in Macon then I drove to Valdosta and then the next leg from 9 AM to 3 when we arrived at Disney. We also had a lengthy stop at the Florida welcome centre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter