We Got An Upgrade! (But No Castaway Cay...)

Lovemygreyhound

Earning My Ears
Returned Sunday from a 7 day land/sea (Port Orleans/Wonder 12-8 to 12-15). I will post a trip report when I get a chance, but just wanted to thank everyone for all the tips and hints. They were so helpful!!

We got a call from DCL during our 4 day stay at Port Orleans to inform us that they were upgrading us. We went from a category 8 to a 5. Had a beautiful cabin with a veranda on Deck 7.

Unfortunately, the weather was not so great and we couldn't dock at Castaway Cay. Captain tried twice, but I guess it was too windy and the tides were not cooperating. So many people were disappointed, but that's the way it goes. I told my DH that now we'll have to book another cruise so we can go to Castaway Cay!!!

We did have a great time though, and I really didn't want the trip to end. It was as wonderful as everyone says it is. (I now know why Barb and Tony have sailed so many times on the Wonder!)

Thank you again to all, and I'll post a trip report in a few days.

I would be upset not to go to Castawaay......is there any sort of compensation because it had to be skipped?

Originally posted by Lovemygreyhound
I told my DH that now we'll have to book another cruise so we can go to Castaway Cay!!!

I love your attitude! :) And I'm with you... justify a repeat any way you can. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter