We got engaged in DW, so you KNOW we're DISNEYMOONIG there!!

soulmates

traveling through life, with the one I love
Yes, just last August, I asked my dear partner, if she would have me, forever, and she said YES! :love: So when it came time to sit down and make plans, we KNEW DW is where we will DISNEYMOON. As much as I would have LOVED to have a Disney wedding, we simply have TOO many people we want to share our day with and they just couldn't all make the trip. So, we've decided on a lovely ceremony here in NC and the VERY next day, she & I PLUS my 2 daughters are driving to DW. Yes, 2 daughters, I know, really, HONEYMOON? We are WAYYY ahead of you on this one, we rented TWO studios at BoardWalk Villas, so no worries there. My girls are 21 & soon to be 15, so they are SOOO excited to vacation with us. It's our ALL GIRLS TRIP! :grouphug: So yes, we have the ressies for our resort. I have to wait 100 days out to make our ADR's. DVC peeps get to do that 100 days, as opposed to 90 days for everyone else. I LOVE renting DVC points! :woohoo: Christy & I are newly converted Vegans :yay:, so this will be a bit trickier than our last trip. I'm really having to research every restaurant and menu out before hand.:surfweb: Okay, so we're driving down Oct 11th, which puts us there around 4ish in the afternoon. I think we'll just settle in, and go grab dinner at The Wave! That was our VERY 1st meal last trip and they really outdid themselves. We loved the decor, the cocktails and the food was AMAZING! I know my girsl will love it
Last trip, we got up VERY early every morning and yes, we made ROPE DROP, however, we were wiped out earlier. So I promised Christy, THIS trip she can sleep in.:cloud9: We'll do breakfast at the resort, using our snack credits and just relax. Lunchtime we'll had to the parks and stay ALL day!
1st full day, MK, where else?? We would like to do Ohana's for dinner, great food and great atmosphere.
Day 2, Epcot from lunch on. I'll let the girls choose lunch and dinner HOPEFULLY at Rose & Crown!! Perfect spot to view ILLUMINATIONS which we missed last trip. :sad1: NOT this time, no way no how!!
Day 3, 1/2 AK and 1/2 at HS, dinner at Sci Fi, SOOO much fun!
Day 4, Epcot, dinner at Chefs de France, my girls will feel spoiled at a real French restaurant!
The REASON we'll do Epcot TWICE is we are going during WINE & FOOD FEST!!! My girls will MOST likely do MK again, while we head to Epcot for some SPIRITS! :woohoo:
Day 5, breakfast at a resort on our way outta town!

Let me know what you think, I'm VERY open to suggestions. Nothing of course is in stone where the ADR's are. SO looking forward to this trip. Much to CELEBRATE!!

Chris & Christy :love:

Don't know how DVC works but don't forget the ADR's are now at 180 not 90 for those of us who don't own DVC.

Don't know how DVC works but don't forget the ADR's are now at 180 not 90 for those of us who don't own DVC.

That is SUCH cool news, thanks. Last year, it was 100 and we were thrilled about that!! SOooooo good to know! ;)

I am SO excited I can make our ADR's early April!!

We decided on:

M- The Wave
T- Ohanas
W- Sci Fi
Th-Rose & Crown
Fri-Coral Reef
Sat- Boma Breakfast

Chris :yay:

Cool plan, I know that y'all have to be super excited about this trip. :goodvibes

Just a note on the meals, I always check menus before we go because my DP is such a picky eater and has multiple food allergies. I was surprised 3 times during our last trip by menu changes that had all occured just a few days before our actual visit to the restaurant for the meals that we were eating. We always have our ADR's marked to include Gabby's allergies and you should tell them up front too that you are Vegan and don't forget to tell the waiter too because sometimes they can work off the menu for you. Certain restaurants are better about this than others, so your mileage may vary.

I blame a few things for the last minute changes we had to work around: Free Dining, seasonal ingredient availability, and just dumb luck. :rolleyes: There was nothing posted on the internet about any of those changes that occured until after our return home. So, just remember, just because you do the research, it doesn't mean that you won't find a few surprises along the way too.

Can I also suggest Chefs for lunch instead of dinner? Their food is good, but if you want more of the real deal French inspired cuisine, you must consider Bistro de Paris. They are much more likely to be willing to go a bit off menu for your vegan needs there too.

Hi! Nice thread! ::yes::

I would notify each full service place at least a full 24 hours ahead of time that you are vegans and will be dining there. That way, there will be time for the chef to make a real plan for helping you come up with something to eat. ::yes::

After all, this is a very special trip, so you want to be able to enjoy it thoroughly. ::yes::

Since you are dining at Coral Reef for the atmosphere and not the food, I won't encourage you to dine elsewhere, but I will again push you to let them know ahead of time; particularly this restaurant.

The Bistro is an incredible place to have a beautifully romantic meal. ::yes:: They have a degustation menu that is wonderful. I'm not sure how well they would be with vegan, but again as there is a true chef there, and with previous notice you should be fine.

Are you going to have anything special sent to the room from the Disney florist? How about a cake for dinner one evening when you are all together? Disney does INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS special order cakes!!! (And honestly, I don't even LIKE cake)! :teeth:

I know you will, but be SURE to get the just married pins from City Hall. :yes: And are you going to wear the "wedding" hats? That would be cool!

Are you going to have a photo session? You can book that ahead of time too. :yes: :D

Have a wonderful time! I think it's really great that you are having your wedding at home so all of your friends and family can attend. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter