We Just Couldn't Wait Till September - PTR

I_Heart_MK

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! This is my first ever PTR so please bear with me :goodvibes I'm just so excited I had to write one!

We are getting married in September and going to WDW Florida for our honeymoon, but DF has been working so hard and has some holiday to use up before July, so we decided to squeeze in a super-quick trip to DLRP to tide us over until then :yay:

Who's going:
Me - Christine, 25
My fiance - James, 31

Sunday:
We're leaving on Sunday at lunchtime, and have booked a travelodge in Canterbury for Sunday night. The plan is to drive to Canterbury (about a 2.5 hour drive), check in, go into town and go somewhere for dinner (we're thinking Strada - we really wanted to go to Wheelers Oyster Bar in Whitstable but I left it too late and they are fully booked :headache:) and drinks, then head back to the hotel, have another couple of sneaky glasses of red (we're bringing supplies) and get a relatively early night.

Monday:
Get up at 6am, pack our stuff back into the car, breakfast on the go (hooray for our supplies). Check into Eurotunnel at 7.20, Tunnel leaves at 7.50 and arrives at 9.25. From there we have an approx 3.5 hour drive. We're planning to share the driving, and will make a stop along the way. Before we go to the hotel, we're going to stop at Val d'Europe for a shopping trip (wine, water, fruit etc). Then we'll go to Dream Castle and check in, if our room is ready. We're just going to dump our stuff, then get on the first shuttle to Disney Village! We figure it will be about 3pm by the time we get lunch at Earl of Sandwich (yay so excited to try it!). After this we'll head back to the hotel, have a quick work out in the gym and go for a swim, then back to the room to shower and tart ourselves up for BBWWS :rotfl: We'll then head back to DV, have a drink somewhere (possibly Ludwigs) then go to the 9.30 showing of BBWWS :yay: After this we may grab another drink, or just go back to DC and go to bed.

Tuesday:
This is our only day in the parks! Planning to be up at 8.15 for an 8.45 breakfast, and aim to get the bus to get to the studios for 10am. We want to ride CC first, then we'll try and fit in Hollywood tower, RC Racer, then head over to Disneyland park for lunch at Walts. After lunch we want to try and fit in Buzz, Space Mountain, Pirates pirate:, Thunder Mountain and Phantom Manor (possibly a little optimistic lol, but we've done them all a gazillion times before so if we don't make them all it's ok :goodvibes ). Then we want to watch the parade, and pop over to Ludwigs for some happy hour beers :) Then we'll head back to the hotel, shower, then go back to DV and have dinner at Yacht Club at Newport Bay. Then we'll go to Billy Bob's or Sports Bar for drinks, and maybe Sequoia or Cheyenne for cocktails :dance3: Then we'll go back to the hotel.

Wednesday:
Last Day :sad1: Breakfast at 9, then a quick swim before check out. We'll go to DV and do all our shopping, then have a late lunch at Annettes (or maybe PH or Rainforest if we feel like it). After that we'll spend a bit more time in the shops, then head back to DC to pick up the car and drive back to Calais. We'll probably make a stop along the way, then check in at 8.50pm, back in England at 8.55pm UK time, then drive straight back as I have an early start the next day!

Stay tuned for my TR - I'm so excited :dance3::yay::cool1:

Christine xxx

Sounds very exciting!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I had never fancied a quick trip before but having just come back from a 2 nighter where I did everything I wanted to I've now completely changed my mind about lightning visits!!

Have a fabulous time and just think, when you get home the next time you set foot on Disney soil you will be Mr and Mrs!! :love:

Sounds like fun, but.....I have to let you down gently and tell you that Walts is not open on Tuesday - I know because I tried to book it myself! Could be worth ringing them to see if it's open on Wednesday?

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Oh no! That's a shame, oh well, perhaps we'll go to Blue Lagoon instead :goodvibes

Christine xxx

I'm exhausted just reading that! Sounds great, look forward to reading all about it when you get back. Have fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter