we just got back ....any questions?

CynJ

Caffeinated Insomniac
Hi!

We just got back yesterday - we spent a wonderful day at Seaworld - anyone have any questions about the park itself??

Hi Cynj!

We are going to WDW on Feb 23 for 5 days. What's the best (least crowded) day to hit Seaworld?

I don't have a lot to compare it to as this was our first trip to SeaWorld - but we went on Wed Feb 6 - there were NO crowds at all!! :D We had awesome seats for all of the shows and were able to ride Atlantis twice in a row with no waiting at all!!

When I commented to one of the Seaworld employees about how thin the crowds were he mentioned to me that it is busier on the weekends.

We were there last year in March but I can't remember which day we hit SW. It might have been Friday. We'll try Wednesday this time and see how it works out. Thanks:)

How nice.. we actually went all through the week last August and it wasn't crowded at all

Did u visit the whole<park? (I mean, all the attractions)
if yes how long time is needed to do that?
Is there something u didn't like?

Thx ain advance

You can do the whole park in a day! We went through every exhibt that was open - and spent a lot of time feeding the ray, dolphins and sea lions. And we rode Atlantis twice. I would get there for the park opening - and really pay attention to the map - the show times are printed on the back - try to plan around the shows.

Plan extra money for the ray/dolphin/sealion food - its expensive- like $4-5 for a little paper container with around 4 pieces in it.

I have a question. Did your day at Sea World stink as much as mine did? I went to Sea World this past October, as we entered the parking lot we asked if any attractions were not operating, we were told that all rides and shows were operational. So, we pay, get into the park only to find that Journey To Atlantis was down for rehab and that Kraken was having a problem and hadn't been opened yet. So we went and saw the penguins, saw a show. Now we have been in the park for about two hours, we are told that Kraken is down for the day. We walk to a few more exhibits, two of which are also closed for rehab. So we decide to get some lunch, we go to three different places and there is only one cashier at each place!!! We stood in line for 25 minutes at EACH place before giving up. We went to guest services and complained, luckily they gave us a full refund, but the day was pretty much shot. I would think very carefully about going to Sea World again.

The only thing that was closed during our trip was the Terrors of the Deep which was being rehabbed.

You can always call Seaworld the day you actually go and see what's operating and whats not.

Sorry you had such a bad time, we really enjoyed it -it was a nice change of pace from the WDW parks.

Sorry about your trip. I've never had a day like that. I arrive early, all the rides are working, and I see everything I want. It must have been a bad day. At least you got your money back.

Yes, you can do the entire park in a day. You won't see every nook and crany, but you can see most of it.
Best advice is to hit JTA and Kraken first thing. Then plan your show tour arriving at each one 20 minutes before it starts. Goto lunch early at 11am or late at 2pm to avoid the crowds.
And yeah, the fish food adds up fast, it's $4 for 4 fish, in a little white paper cup. AP members get it for $3 a cup. One time, my daughter and I spent 3 hours feeding the dolphins.

DID YOU RIDE KRAKEN???
HOW WAS IT??
IS IT A SMOOTH RIDE , OR DOES IT BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU?
THANK YOU,
LISA

JTA bounced you around a little - I didn't ride Kraken so I dont' know about that.

We didn't do discovery cove - just the SW park itself.

CynJ

Were you the one that was going to take Lynx from TTC to Sea World. If so, how did that go? Any words of wisdom as we plan to try this on our next vacation. Thanks!

LISALISA36,
Kraken is very intense, but smooth as silk. It's awesome. LOVED IT!

MickeyMagic - the bus ride went well!!

There is a great information booth at the Disney Ticket & Trans Center - they have the brochures for the different routes - I think SW was but 50 or 51 (don't remember!) You catch it right at the TTC. It cost us $1 per person and let us off right in front of SW parking lot. It took about 20-25 mins to get there.

Make sure you look at the schedule for the return trip - and note the times. And another thing to mention is that the return trip buses pick up across the street from where you dropped off originally.

The busses were clean and my mother and I felt very comfortable on them. Not much different then riding the Disney busses IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter