We leave in 3 days! Any last minute tips or park information?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
We leave on Saturday morning (knock wood). I was there for 1 night in May with just dd for Star Wars nite, but now the whole family is going for 5 nights! We have hoppers that we bought in January 2020.

Anything new I need to know before the trip? I'm planning on trying Genie+ for at least a couple of the days.

We're staying at Disneyland Hotel for either 3 nights in a 1 bedroom suite or 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. I'm hoping we can get club level when we check in.
How is the construction going? Louder or more inconvenient than in early May?

We're doing a split stay so I still have to choose my Harbor hotel. Leaning toward Best Western Anaheim Plus, but also have Hojo booked. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks for all the advice and answers to millions of questions during my planning! Everyone here is amazingly helpful :)

We leave on Saturday morning (knock wood). I was there for 1 night in May with just dd for Star Wars nite, but now the whole family is going for 5 nights! We have hoppers that we bought in January 2020.

Anything new I need to know before the trip? I'm planning on trying Genie+ for at least a couple of the days.

We're staying at Disneyland Hotel for either 3 nights in a 1 bedroom suite or 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. I'm hoping we can get club level when we check in.

We're doing a split stay so I still have to choose my Harbor hotel. Leaning toward Best Western Anaheim Plus, but also have Hojo booked. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks for all the advice and answers to millions of questions during my planning! Everyone here is amazingly helpful :)
My opinion as far as the Harbor hotel is BW Anaheim Inn. It's closer than the HoJo, and you'll thank yourself at the end of the night. Although the HoJo likely has a bit more space in room size, but not my much.

And as far as staying on site at DLH, I would do the 3 nights in the 1 bedroom suite. You will likely find that being able to stay "in the bubble" longer will out weigh the less space. Unless space is more of a priority to you??

Best of luck, hope you have an amazing trip. Hopefully you booked the Harbor side hotel first and then move to the Disneyland Hotel. I think it would be a harder transition to get used to the Disneyland Hotel and Club Level service first and then have to move to a Harbor Hotel. I'd rather finish the trip on a high note with staying at Disneyland Hotel at the end of the trip before we would go home.

You’ve done an amazing job planning your trip! Have a great time!

Bring earplugs or a white noise app to block out unwanted nighttime sounds for a good nights sleep.

Hydrate! (I’m a broken record on this one LOL) Was at the Parks yesterday and yes, it was warm…but people are struggling due to lack of hydration.

Utilize walk up waitlist at restaurants. My friend and I walked up to Carthay around 1pm yesterday and got into the alfresco lounge within 10 mins. WCT and the MK lounge had openings as well.

Thank you! I decided to go with the Best Western, it gets such great reviews and is SO close. On our 3rd day we'll switch to Disneyland Hotel. I'm still crossing my fingers that a 2 bedroom suite will open up, otherwise we'll do the 1 bedroom suite. I like the idea of being in the bubble longer. Hopefully the construction isn't too bad.

I'm going to try to find that list of water fill stations around the park so we can stay hydrated. It's going to be 90 a couple of our days. I also bought the cooling towels, sun umbrella and neck fans that people mentioned. Also Bombas socks! (Pluto, of course :) )

See you there :)

Don’t forget sunscreen (big bottle for the room, small one to reapply in the parks) and consider bringing some cooling towels. I bought some after I saw several people recommend them. We’ve brought UV umbrellas in the past which are great when standing in a line in the full sun, but the teens mixed them this past trip so I was pleasantly surprised at how well the cooling towels worked.

Don’t forget sunscreen (big bottle for the room, small one to reapply in the parks) and consider bringing some cooling towels. I bought some after I saw several people recommend them. We’ve brought UV umbrellas in the past which are great when standing in a line in the full sun, but the teens mixed them this past trip so I was pleasantly surprised at how well the cooling towels worked.
Thanks! I forgot about small sunscreen to bring into the park. So this is a silly question, but how do the cooling towels work? You just soak them and drape them on your neck...? When they stop being cold you rinse them again?

Thanks! I forgot about small sunscreen to bring into the park. So this is a silly question, but how do the cooling towels work? You just soak them and drape them on your neck...? When they stop being cold you rinse them again?
That’s exactly right! You get them wet (I did it in the sinks in the restrooms), wring them out, and then wear it around your neck like a scarf. They stay cool an amazingly long time, though we did re-soak them after they started to dry out.

I soak mine in water, freeze them and then store in a waterproof pouch. Super cold when they come out of my bag. Once used in the parks I soak them again in water and ice. Refreshing!

It’s supposed to be 93 here in Western Oregon today!
Yikes! I'm guessing the sun isn't quite as strong in Oregon compared to Anaheim. These is what kills me in the parks. My UV umbrella is the only the only reason I can even go to Disneyland between June and August.

Those cooling towels were a lifesaver last week! They sell Mickey ones for $16ish at most stores. We also brought our water backpacks (which we usually use for hiking) so it was much easier to stay hydrated. We rope dropped - even on the most crowded days, 8-10am was lovely - stayed through lunch, and then went back to our hotel for 2-3 hours for a rest, returning around dinner time when it got cooler. We were there five days and bought Genie plus every day (though we didn't pay for the ILLs). For the most part, that also reduced our time waiting in lines. The outdoor queues are absolutely brutal right now (we spent 40 minutes absolutely boiling in the outdoor queue of ROTR in the late afternoon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter