We made CNN

What about local news.... or is that not right?

And dont forget, we still have a month!

Why dont we post our story on the CB or TB?

They can send something in too!

Why dont we post our story on the CB or TB?

They can send something in too!

Please keep in mind we have our own CB for a reason. Don't get too carried away or members of the boards that don't play vmk will start to give the opposite reaction of what we would like to see.

But keep in mind, at almost all times of the day under the last post you will see something about VMK closing. So I am sure by now alot of fellow dis members who don't play VMK, will know about this without us posting elsewhere. :thumbsup2

Whatever time it might happen to air, if anyone gets a copy of it please post a link to it here. I'd like to watch it.

Cajun, I am not sure but most news stations are some stories. So check cnn.com later tonight :thumbsup2

Well done everyone! I hope this changes their mind!!

ETA: Ok just read the whole thread. Somethings not right here.. keep trying everyone.

Way to go guys!

CNN is very reputable across the globe and its news is being reproduced by many countries.:goodvibes

Since when does a news station NOT run a story, when the other side refuses to comment?

Up until "60 Minutes," the major networks ran their news departments as a public service. The news departments lost money, but that was the norm and, as a public service, was accepted. 60 Minutes came along and, for the first time, a "news" show was profitable.

News departments are now run as profit centers. It colors and effects every decision they make... every story they decide to run... and the spin they will put on the story.

I think it might be a good idea to edit the subject line/first post to reflect the current situation. It seems a lot of people are missing the posts that say that the story was pulled because (surprise, surprise) Disney wouldn't talk to CNN.

I think it might be a good idea to edit the subject line/first post to reflect the current situation. It seems a lot of people are missing the posts that say that the story was pulled because (surprise, surprise) Disney wouldn't talk to CNN.

Agreed.

Up until "60 Minutes," the major networks ran their news departments as a public service. The news departments lost money, but that was the norm and, as a public service, was accepted. 60 Minutes came along and, for the first time, a "news" show was profitable.

News departments are now run as profit centers. It colors and effects every decision they make... every story they decide to run... and the spin they will put on the story.

Exactly.

News anymore is more about entertainment rather than information.

Agreed.

But we still need to keep this up. There's still NBC and CBS as well as any reputable online news site people can think of.

There's still NBC and CBS as well as any reputable online news site people can think of.

Yahoo news? That is a very popular site (actually most popular in the USA out of all sites), think they would talk about it??

OK I missed that also, I took it that disney wouldn't talk, but the story was still moving. Typically that should make a news organization push harder. Very disappointed in CNN if thats the case!

Yahoo news? That is a very popular site (actually most popular in the USA out of all sites), think they would talk about it??

I emailed the Yahoo tech editor. I will post if I get a response.

This is newsworthy. The growth of the role of online social interaction.

If you guys actually watched CNN on a nightly basis you would have seen this story/scroll, the article is from yahoo.com but story was aired on CNN:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_en_bu/china_disney_video_games

It's very obvious where Disney is looking to put their video game interest... and it's not in the states.

Also... as someone who worked to bring back Jericho (google for story), you must pick and choose your battles.

Calling every news station randomly is NOT going to bring VMK back, in fact like others have mentioned, its an attempt to "bad face" WDI and anyone familair with the Disney company will know that doesn't "fly."

Think about it... don't call someone ugly when your trying to get them to share their cookies... whether or not they truly are ugly.

Similar to what we did with Jericho.. I strongly suggest teaming up and going directly to WDI and THEN to the news stations. For instant... why don't we flood WDI with out flats? Can you imagine hundreds of our vmk characters scattered around?

Once we have a story (we found out they were canceling, this is what we were doing, this is what we did, heres whats happening etc) than its time to go to the news stations.

It makes a better story when your trying to fight... and not when your trying to complain.

If you guys actually watched CNN on a nightly basis you would have seen this story/scroll, the article is from yahoo.com but story was aired on CNN:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_en_bu/china_disney_video_games

It's very obvious where Disney is looking to put their video game interest... and it's not in the states.

Also... as someone who worked to bring back Jericho (google for story), you must pick and choose your battles.

Calling every news station randomly is NOT going to bring VMK back, in fact like others have mentioned, its an attempt to "bad face" WDI and anyone familair with the Disney company will know that doesn't "fly."

Think about it... don't call someone ugly when your trying to get them to share their cookies... whether or not they truly are ugly.

Similar to what we did with Jericho.. I strongly suggest teaming up and going directly to WDI and THEN to the news stations. For instant... why don't we flood WDI with out flats? Can you imagine hundreds of our vmk characters scattered around?

Once we have a story (we found out they were canceling, this is what we were doing, this is what we did, heres whats happening etc) than its time to go to the news stations.

It makes a better story when your trying to fight... and not when your trying to complain.

I completely agree...quantity is NOT the only consideration here. To be sucessful, we must do this strategically!

OK I missed that also, I took it that disney wouldn't talk, but the story was still moving. Typically that should make a news organization push harder. Very disappointed in CNN if thats the case!

I have searched and searched and nowhere is there a quote from Space that says it is OFF! In a thread he made elsewhere it says Disney refused to talk but the story was ON!!

I have searched and searched and nowhere is there a quote from Space that says it is OFF! In a thread he maded elsewhere it says Disney refused to talk but the story was ON!!

Woot thats what I thought also Fonna. Usually you hear a story on the news like this, and at the end of the story they usually say something like, We approached Disney on the subject to respond but no comment was made. Disney is welcome to give their side of the story with an open invitation blah blah balh

I hope the story is on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter