We must be insane ..A last minute trip...Snag 1 Encountered

pdmedic

Mouseketeer
So I got asked to serve as the membership chairman for my Shrine temple next year and as part of that I was given the opportunity to attend the Shrine's annual membership seminar in Tampa at the end of September into the first part of October. Also if I was willing to pay the airfare my wife could accompany me on this trip.

We did some checking and worked out the airfare and realized we would be done with the seminar on Saturday and we weren't scheduled back to work until Tuesday. Hmmmm It's about an hour and a half to WDW from Tampa and we haven't been in almost 5 years. Also this time it would just be the two of us as our son isn't coming on the trip.

We have some friends who own DVC who haven't been able to use their points in a few years so it looks like we will be able to rent some points from them to cover two nights of lodging somewhere. We haven't gotten this part worked out yet but it is in progress hopefully we aren't way to late and can find a spot on property.

We also found that MNSSHP is scheduled for the Sunday we are going to be there which will allow for cheaper tickets and give us 8 hours in the Magic Kingdom.

Current plan is to rent a car from the Tampa Airport drive to WDW and turn it in there. Stay Saturday night - Monday attend MNSSHP Sunday Evening. We are looking at attending the DVC presentation either Saturday night or Sunday Morning to get some fast passes for use on Sunday between 1600-1900 then doing most of our rides during the Halloween party.

Then Monday we will catch Magic Express over to the Orlando Airport and get home that evening for work on Tuesday.

This is definitely the shortest / fastest planned trip to WDW we have ever done but hopefully everything will work out and it will be a good time. Anyway should be there in just over a month if everything goes right.

Last edited:
Oh no we just heard back from our friends ALL Resorts are booked soo onto the waiting list we go. Now comes the hard questions do we book a hotel room in Kissimee as a back up? Do we just sit on our hands to keep from chewing our nails off? Will this cancel our trip to Disney all together....

Last edited:
We both know it isn't going to cancel the trip. Just a snag to work through. :)

Ok back up hotel plan is in place. We were able to get in on a first responder promotion at the B Resort and Spa with free transportation to Disney. Hopefully we are able to get something off the DVC wait list but this will work well as a backup.

Hopefully here something toward getting on site :) So far this is coming along well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter