We need 3 beds. What are our options?

TN Davy Crockett

Earning My Ears
My wife, my son, and I all enjoy having separate beds while we're at Disney. They are both restless sleepers that move a lot and I'm a bigger guy that needs my room. In my mind, 3 options work for us....

1. 2 queen or double beds and a single pull down murphy kids bed (which is what we've used before)

2. 2 queen or double beds with a roll away trundle bed (is this still an option anywhere?)

3. 1 king bed and 1 smaller bed (single twin, murphy bed, or roll away trundle bed)

So what are our options? Price is important. I've seen the prices of family suites like at AoA and we're not interested in those! We've stayed in the rooms with 2 beds and a murphy bed at CBR and POR before and those worked well, but I didn't know if there were other options that we were overlooking. Thanks for recommendations!

My wife, my son, and I all enjoy having separate beds while we're at Disney. They are both restless sleepers that move a lot and I'm a bigger guy that needs my room. In my mind, 3 options work for us....

1. 2 queen or double beds and a single pull down murphy kids bed (which is what we've used before)
2. 2 queen or double beds with a roll away trundle bed (is this still an option anywhere?)
3. 1 king bed and 1 smaller bed (single twin, murphy bed, or roll away trundle bed)

So what are our options? Price is important. I've seen the prices of family suites like at AoA and we're not interested in those! We've stayed in the rooms with 2 beds and a murphy bed at CBR and POR before and those worked well, but I didn't know if there were other options that we were overlooking. Thanks for recommendations!

Well .... factoring in price, keeping you value and moderate.

#1, that would be POR and CBR, bookable category.

#2, no the trundle beds are gone those were at POR which is now the fold down bunk.

#3, there are some rooms at CBR and POR with a king and fold down bunk but not sure you can guarantee those

Not sure your son's age/size but will the bunk still work for him? IF so your best bet are POR & CBR and book "5th Sleeper".

Last edited:
What is age/size of son? The Port Orleans Riverside rooms in Alligator Bayou have a twin sized fold down bed. Check portorleans.org for pictures.

Many of the DVC studios that can be gotten as regular accommodation have a queen, sofa bed, and a Murphy bed... Take a look at Boulder Ridge at Wilderness Lodge as an example.

POR & CBR are going to be your most economical option. ASMU & AoA suites, but those are $$$. Cabins at FW. I know some BC rooms have a daybed, but it is a request only & priority is given to parties of 5.

Other than that you could rent DVC points. BCV, BWV, BRV, Poly & GFV have 3 separate sleeping spaces.

My son is 6 years old, but is 4' tall and 70 pounds - so he's a larger kid. But he still will definitely fit in the murphy pull down beds. That's what he slept on at POR last Spring Break.

Then, POR or CBR in a "sleeps five" room; AKL or WL in a Bunk Bed room; or any Value with your own air mattress.

Despite some king rooms resort-side having the Murphy bed, you will not be able to book one with your party size.

Last edited:

There is a room at Yacht club with one queen, a day bed, and a pull out chair. It is a request, not a bookable category. It also only fits 4 people, and has a lot of open floor space.

We made that our only request and got a room on the 4th floor. We loved it.

You could also look into the cabins at FW. With that you would get bunk beds, a queen sized bed, and a queen sleep sofa. The price might be a little bit more than you want but it is a fun option.

Glad you asked this! I’ve been trying to figure out the options for 3 sleeping areas, also.

We didn't feel cramped at all. We placed the mattress between the door and bed. During the day we prop it against the wall.

I wondered about this, but worried about room. Did you feel cramped in the values with an air mattress in the room?

We didn't feel cramped at all. We placed the mattress between the door and bed. During the day we prop it against the wall.

POP Century was recently renovated, and All Star Movies is currently under renovation (possibly AS Music as well). The rooms now have 1 queen bed and 1 queen-size pull-down bed/table (similar to the AoA suites). This has made it very tight to use an air mattress -- the only location it fits will need to partially slide under the pull-down and it will block the door to the hallway. The as-yet unrenovated rooms at All Stars will be fine with an air mattress, however all rooms will eventually be renovated so it depends on the timing of your trip.

Enjoy your vacation!

Didn't even think about the renovation. We stayed before that. Sorry. It still works very well for a moderate resort.

I would think if you book a king bed room at a moderate for 3 people (you can only book king beds at the moderate resorts) , they should ensure that you have a king bed room with the pull down bed. I don't think they would expect 3 people to sleep in 1 king bed.

When we stayed at CSR in April, we requested a roll-away at check in. It was available, delivered quickly and fit fine. We left it open all week. (Having three sleeping surfaces is important to us too....we picked up a twin air mattress on our way to CSR as back-up.)

Most deluxe rooms have 2 queens and a sleeper couch. Our Beach club standard rooms were always such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter