We need to find a new place to get married!!!

Ted and Holly

This login is used by Ted only, please refer to Ju
Holly and I chose Cypress Gardens as the place to have our small, yet intimate ceremony in April, 2004. This morning, while lying on the couch, trying to wake up, there was a tiny blurb about Cypress Gardens on the scroll at the bottom of CNN. Tucked in between all of the war coverage. THEY ARE CLOSING THIS SUNDAY!

Holly looked it up on the Orlando Sentinel and it turns out that they sure are. As of Sunday, April 13, they are closing. The Sentinel mentions that they are not sure what they are going to do about the weddings planned over the next couple months. Ours is in a year. :(

We only put $100 down, but we had toured Cypress Gardens and decided upon it. It was very nice and had a good location, with respect to the other things we are planning for the Big Day. Now, we need to find something else. That means another trip to Florida to visit. I know, not a bad thing, but we are saving money and had not planned on a trip.

Here is the official press release from Cypress Gardens:
http://www.dailyprobe.com/arcs/040803/advice.shtml

Ted

Hi Ted:

Check out a lovely place fairly close to WDW called Bok Tower.

http://www.boktower.org/

We've visited there many, many times and it's just beautiful. When the carillon chimes, it's just breathtaking.

Linda

Thanks Linda, we will look into it. We saw the sign for it when we were on the road to Cypress Gardens to check it out. Our friend who lives down there suggested taking a look at Bok Tower. I signed Holly up to get some information about their wedding services.

Cypress Gardens has a good package that had the ceremony, a minister, flowers, music, and photos included.

We will have to do everything separately. Not a big deal. Heck, more for us to plan! :) We like planning vacations, this can't be THAT much more stressful, can it? :rolleyes:

Thanks again,
Ted

we also are very sad and can understand how you are both feeling as we had booked Cypress Gardens for our wedding venue in October of this year - at least you have a bit more time to try and find somewhere - we are looking frantically for something else now.

We were disappointed to note that we only found out about the closure of the park from a friend and not from Cypress Gardens themselves. We shall be phoning them later today to try and recover our deposit of $100. We are extremely disappointed that they have not even emailed us due to the fact that we live in Scotland.

We would be interested to hear how you get on with finding something.

Regards

Tracy and Daniel

Ted, I didn't realize that you had posted too! I started my own post!:eek: Does this mean we can go to Fla next week like I wanted to??? :p

Tracy, I'm so sad that you are in the same situation because I know what you're going through, only ten times worse I'm sure!

Sorry fellow Disser's that we posted twice....
Holly

I am so sorry to hear about all the couples who won't be able to marry at Cypress Gardens. We went there often as kids and it's upsetting that after 67 years, they are closing.

From what I read in the papers, employees didn't even find out about the closure until Thursday and the closure was the very next day. I hope something can be done to help the couples who had been working with Cypress Gardens.

As was suggested Bok Tower is lovely, as is Leu Gardens. The Swan & Dolphin have affordable wedding packages through JustMarry.com and there are many other nice intimate locations throughout Central Florida.

I hope you all find what you're looking for. Despite this bump in the road, your weddings will be wonderful!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter