We saw a wedding on Castaway

Regina

<font color=teal>Maybe I’ll “accidentally” drop a
I almost forgot! DH and I were over at the far end of the Family Beach at Castaway last Wednesday. We heard Disney music coming from the Heads Up Bar, but it appeared to be closed. Next thing we hear the wedding march, that certainly got our attention.

We didn't get too close, but we could see a minister performing the ceremony. The photographer was taking a ton of pictures.

When it was over, they played wedding fanfare and whisked the couple away on a flower bedecked golf cart. It appeared that it was just the two of them.

Don't know if the Heads Up bar would be my choice of locale, but it had to be very cool to be married on Castaway Cay. :D

The heads up bar/beach area would definately be my choice for the place ot hold the ceremony...very secluded...doesn't seem to get much business.

My daughter was married at Castaway Cay on 9-15-03, at the Heads Up Bar. They have the bar closed with all of the windows shuttered. You are seated on a deck over the water and facing the ship, so you never really notice that it is a bar. Just looks like a dock with a little building, and the building doesn't show up in the pictures. It was a beautiful setting, and a traditional ceremony, prayers and all. I would do it again for my next daughter in a heartbeat!!
As for the vow renewals, they are usually done in one of the lounges, Cadillac Lounge, sometimes (rarely) Palo....because the renewals are done by the Captain, where the weddings are done by the Administrator of the Bahamas. The Capt doesn't have the authority to do the wedding in the Bahamas...but for a renewal, they just might let you do this, unless there is a wedding that day. When you book it all, ask the co-ordinator, or call Fairy Tale Weddings (or e-mail) and ask them. They'll know for sure.

Justmestace, did the umbrellas at the tables at the bar show up in the pix? They didn't take them down and it looked like they would be in the way.

Unfortunately, as they were taking the pictures of the couple with the ship in the background, they were releasing black smoke from the stacks which was blowing down. Between that and it being an overcast day, the ship probably didn't come out very clear.

Is this the only location that you can select, or can you get married on the beach?

That is way cool!!!

Just wanted to say that!!!

Denise

I had actually asked them to leave up some tables and umbrellas, for our older guests, and no, they didn't show up in the photographer's pictures. They showed up in some of our personal photos, since we took pictures of the guests.
The ship doesn't show up very clearly anyway, as it is a long way away, and the camera is focused on the couple. But, you can still see it, and those pictures are priceless. The pictures that they shot around the ship are stunning. The photographer did an amazing job.
Barb, you'll have to try to get over there (10:00 a.m.) to see the wedding, it really is a treat to see.:bride: :groom:
We were lucky, and had beautiful clear skies, and not too much heat...gorgeous in spite of Hurricane Isabel.

Wow! Castaway Cay would be a beautiful place for a wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter