We thought we were "terminated" with Disney, but "we'll be back"

I hope if they offer you a refund you take it! you may not want "free" but you clearly did not get what you paid for.

I hear you about O'hana, we ate there for the first time in October I will not go back. The service was horrible, we asked for bread 5 times (they would not give it to us until we talked to a chef due to an allergy), but after that it never came. Even to the person without the allergy.

We had an issue at POR almost missed an ADR because they took so long. When we checked into our room, it smelled like someone was smoking in it. We decided maybe we were just overly sensitive, went for a swim, came back and you could see the cigarette smoke coming under the door of the connecting room. We went to the front desk, they offered to clean our room, we said that it would not be acceptable as clearly it could reoccur unless they removed the other guest for violation of policy. SO it took an hour and half to find a new room, once it was settled, my DH magic band never worked properly to open the new room.

They did a very bad job with customer support on your issues. We no longer even bother complaining to the desk CM or housekeeping, we learned in one of our early trips years ago that we will only deal with the resort manager. The manager actually said that to us, and was apologetic as he said that communications between housekeeping and CM's was not the greatest at the resorts and said that if we had any issues to ask for the manager right from the start. We do not let the CM try to talk us out of seeing the manager either, which they have tried in the past. Just some advice for other Dissers.

"That voicemail informed me that they had “just noticed” that my file had a mention of our request for “VIP Cleaning” and I had to get back to housekeeping to inform them of my needs … WE HAD BEEN THERE FOR 14 NIGHTS and doubled and triple checked that housekeeping had been informed when we were moved from Old Key West."

But obviously they hadn't seen any special cleaning notice, since your room was so dirty?

Glad your wife didn't have problems. I have intermittent allergies to, sometimes it seems like, everything, and it's really frustrrtating.

I cannot be in a room with mold/mildew, though, so the instant I smelled that DH would have gotten us out of there. I get really weird with extreme offgassing in hotel rooms and with mold/mildew, and after our second experience with it (with me making all the wrong decisions and then being horribly sick all night) we have decided that DH is in charge of getting us OUT of that room. With the mildew room, after we stayed the night (horrible error) and were fending off the housekeepers who knew we were leaving but didn't quite understand why and waiting for our new room and keys (it had been available the night before so it was open), we waited for the hosuekeeping manager. He got there, ready to scoff at the situation, until I had him step 3 feet into the room (2 bedroom at SSR immediately after refurbishment). Once he got in and inhaled, he nearly wrapped crime scene tape across the door it was THAT bad. Anyway, I *get* allergies, and now we take care of it the moment it shows up.

The higher floor...you mentioned you are disabled and cannot walk distances. Were they trying to move you to the Hospitality House area, with elevators, since they were moving you to the 3rd floor? Oh, wait, you were going studio to 1 bedroom... For us, they offered us a grand villa as a replacement for our 2 bedroom (the SSR mildew issues) the next day, so they CAN offer up more, but maybe there's a difference between "my wife is delirious b/c of mildew" and a noise issue. Maybe. But then they brought on mold/mildew issues with you guys.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I think the first thing I'd have done is find out how long the annoying neighbors were going to be around for - I doubt they stayed as long as you did.

Ooh, really good point.

Hope you hear back from them, OP.

Chmurf have you seen the long thread on the dibb accommodation board from someone who has just been contacted by guest services in response to their disappointing stay at OKW?

I am so sorry that you had this poor service, it is unacceptable in every way. As you said it isn't about the money, it is the service you want provided to make the experience magical. I really got tired of dusty rooms, cramped quarters and walking a mile to our rooms and started staying off site. We rarely use the EMH more than an hour, and the savings is worth the parking fee or we have an AP.

The last off site was at Windsor Hills, Dave from there and I have spoken several times and I share how happy I was with our town house and experience. I think the home owner was Debbbie A., 3526 Maneshaw, three bedroom three bath. The room at the value fit in the entry and kitchen area of the town home. It is front door parking, Disney themed, the master has a king bed and huge bathroom, washer/dryer and private outside pool.

the living quarters gave sleeping for up to eight even though there were four of us. The private enclosed pool can be heated, we didn't need it. It is a gated community with large recreation area, activities and small store on site. The home was on a quiet street, they picked up trash. After the initial cleaning you are on your own for a week, but what you need is there. You will have to make your own beds, wash your own towels and buy extra Toilet paper, but the space, peace and offsite dining availability is wide open.

The exit to the homes is one exit past the last resort property exit, about two turns and you are entering the gated area. It really is a home away from home and they will do whatever it takes to please you. The home is Disney themes, full kitchen, large living room and TV in every bedroom and living room. The ease of a nice breakfast or late pizza, even eating out is relaxing.

I hope your next trip is better, personally, I find a cruise more relaxing, amidst the tight quarters. They do have larger suites and 2 bedroom cabins, but we only crash at night, our days are out in the activities, sun and fun.

Quick update
Claim was raised 6 days ago. Still no word from disney except for the automated email
There has been veteran's day in between and the case is rather complicated, so I'm still being patient.
Hope I get some news soon. Good or bad, it's still better than feeling ignored

I had charge issues on the emailed receipt that were to be taken off, on my emailed receipt. I got the automated response and about the 6th day got an email back, then two weeks later a phone call to clear up questions about the bill.

What address did you send it to? They work through them in order and I was told 5 working days when I had to send an email to GS. Also they usually try to call rather than email back.

Phone seems to also yeald better results than email alone :thumbsup2 (they phoned me when I was out and so they emailed me a response which wasn't very helpful and I replied and she asked a good time to call which we arranged and after the call we worked through my issue and she went away and called me back a few days later with a much better solution)

I don't know which adress I only could use the contact form, and chose the past trip option

I have received an automated email from WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

Is there some5hing I should know or do ? (It's been 7 days, maybe a little too soon ? Or should I call ?

Wow! Certainly not the experience one expects from Disney! I know it is too little too late, but I hope they give you some type of suitable resolution!

I would give it another day or so then. I rang first and was given a specific email address to use. My issue was also time sensitive so I made sure to include this at the start of the email so may have jumped a bi of the queue.

If you haven't heard anything by the end of the week try replying to the auto responder.

I would give it another day or so then. I rang first and was given a specific email address to use.

I will call them tomorrow night if I still don't have any news. It will be 10 days.

I think the correct number will be (407) 939-6104 (my past wdw visit) ? I can't call the UK 0800 number, as silly as it sounds, stupid french phone plan. I get free calls to the UK, but not on "special" numbers, and a 08.. is considered special rate, despite the fact that it's free ...

If you booked through Disney UK you can also email disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com but they are currently very busy with queries due to Disneyland Paris being closed.

It's a UK booking, but I spent a lot of time trying to deal with different departments. Housekeeping being separated from hotel management, which in turn is separate from Reservations ... Thank you for the advice, but the claim would end up to the US guest relations, so I'm not willing to add yet another middle man :p

I will call them tomorrow night if I still don't have any news. It will be 10 days.

I think the correct number will be (407) 939-6104 (my past wdw visit) ? I can't call the UK 0800 number, as silly as it sounds, stupid french phone plan. I get free calls to the UK, but not on "special" numbers, and a 08.. is considered special rate, despite the fact that it's free ...

It's a UK booking, but I spent a lot of time trying to deal with different departments. Housekeeping being separated from hotel management, which in turn is separate from Reservations ... Thank you for the advice, but the claim would end up to the US guest relations, so I'm not willing to add yet another middle man :p

Nothing surprises me with phone companies lol

I think as your complaint doesn't relate to the actual booking of your trip then you are right with sending your complaint to WDW Guest Services in the US as they will be the ones best placed to help.

I've just phoned Disney

The "previous visit" phone number is dead. Line picks up, then hangs up.

I called the non reservation number.
They had no trace of my email, despite the automated email.
I had to explain all over again, and will be contacted by a cast member within 3 or 5 days

I've just phoned Disney

The "previous visit" phone number is dead. Line picks up, then hangs up.

I called the non reservation number.
They had no trace of my email, despite the automated email.
I had to explain all over again, and will be contacted by a cast member within 3 or 5 days

Very frustrating for you. I hope all is resolved soon :goodvibes

Very frustrating for you. I hope all is resolved soon

thank you

doesn't look good to begin with.
The Cast Member I talked to on the phone was very insisting on the fact that I had already received $1000 in room credit during my stay. I tried to explain that it was not a compensation, since it was the difference between what I had paid for (deluxe studio) and what I should have paid (moderate standard room). And to be fair, the difference was even more than that, but I settled for $1000 because I just wanted the faffing to be over with.

Sorry to hear that your trip was full of problems.

Hope you can get a resolution to this matter with Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter