Wearable gift cards (bracelet)

Disneymom1102

Mouseketeer
Where do you buy the wearable gift cards at Epcot right now? Do they work anywhere on property?
Wondering if it would be easier to just buy gift cards before we go, punch a hole, and put on our own bracelets?

When a festival is going on you can buy them just about anywhere. I tend to buy mine at the little festival shops they set up but you can get them at any of the shops at Epcot. Yes, they will work anywhere that takes a Disney gift card. I say a Disney gift card because there are some places that are not Disney owned that do not take them. For example: the Swan and Dolphin are resorts on site but not owned by Disney, they do not take Disney gift cards.

As far as buying your own and punching a hole, that's totally up to you. I will say, when I was there in April a huge rain storm knocked out the card readers at the booths. They could read any card that could be swiped like a cc but not the wrist gift cards that had to be scanned. People who had regular Disney gift cards that look like a credit card could use theirs, I had the wrist kind and the number on the card had to entered into the cash register. This lasted the entire week I was there. The first day after the storm, maybe two CM's knew how to do it so it was a pain. By the second day, they had trained (or at least informed) all the CM's how to do it. This was not an issue at the stores or restaurants, only the festival booths. It is the only time I've had that happen but I have had times when the booths couldn't take any kind of card and only cash.

I picked up an Orange Bird wrist card at the shop at the entrance to World Showcase, I think they were available at both stores. I like having the smaller card and it worked great at all of the places I used it.

Where do you buy the wearable gift cards at Epcot right now? Do they work anywhere on property?
Wondering if it would be easier to just buy gift cards before we go, punch a hole, and put on our own bracelets?
FYI I was using these a lot in flower garden . Very handy for the outdoor kitchen booths until one broke. The ring came off completely and with it the gift card. Fortunately I’d kept the receipt and with that and about 25 minutes guest services was able to give me a new one with the remaining balance on it . They looked so sturdy but when you look at the silver ring closely it can actually open pretty easily. Moral of the story keep your receipt and maybe don’t put too much on each one . I was foing $50 each time and had about half unused when mine fell off . Definitely keep your receipt. I don’t know if it would have been more difficult if someone had found and used my balance . Maybe I was lucky that the balance was still there. The cm had to call the gift card company and that’s what took some time to verify and reimburse

FYI I was using these a lot in flower garden . Very handy for the outdoor kitchen booths until one broke. The ring came off completely and with it the gift card. Fortunately I’d kept the receipt and with that and about 25 minutes guest services was able to give me a new one with the remaining balance on it . They looked so sturdy but when you look at the silver ring closely it can actually open pretty easily. Moral of the story keep your receipt and maybe don’t put too much on each one . I was foing $50 each time and had about half unused when mine fell off . Definitely keep your receipt. I don’t know if it would have been more difficult if someone had found and used my balance . Maybe I was lucky that the balance was still there. The cm had to call the gift card company and that’s what took some time to verify and reimburse
You can register them on the gift card site. That's what I do so I can move the balance around. Keep the physical gift card you are using because that is what any refunds are sent to.

Remember using these at F&W. They would be nice to use at NYE. Can we buy these anywhere other than the parks?

Remember using these at F&W. They would be nice to use at NYE. Can we buy these anywhere other than the parks?
Ive only ever seen them at the parks. I wanted to get one for my daughter for her bday so she would have it when she went for food and wine. I had a park shopper get one for me and ship it up. It was about $15 for the shop and the shipping (on top of the money I put on the gift card)

Be very careful punching holes. Some of the cards have internal chip/magnetic stuff and a hole can prohibit reading of the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter