Wearing ears outside of the parks

Does anyone else wear their Minnie/ Mickey ears outside of the parks? I wear them to casual places like the movies, park and restaurants. I love the feeling I get when I wear them bc it remindd me of walking in WDW. With using the Law of Attraction to move to Golden Oak, I think it's the appropriate thing to do. I am currently wearing them to brunch here in Connecticut.

You do realize that no one can live full time at Golden Oaks? It is a vacation home location only.

And, to answer your question, I do not wear Mickey ears any place and I live right next to WDW. I can honestly say that I never see anyone wearing them other than in the very touristy areas of Orlando.

You do realize that no one can live full time at Golden Oaks? It is a vacation home location only.

I though Golden Oaks was a residential community? Learn something new every day.

And to stay on topic, I would never wear Mickey Ears (inside OR outside of WDW). Just not my thing.

I though Golden Oaks was a residential community? Learn something new every day.

I did, too. I found some of the rules at some point and I know they can't be rented out to people for money by the owners, but I didn't realize that they have to be second homes for people and that they can't stay there year-round.

Not that many or any of us will ever be able to afford it, but can you give us more information, Feralpeg?

It seems like the Mother of All HOA Covenants. Buy a house for a couple of million dollars and but we get to tell you whether or not you're spending too much time in it. :lmao:

I did, too. I found some of the rules at some point and I know they can't be rented out to people for money by the owners, but I didn't realize that they have to be second homes for people and that they can't stay there year-round.

Not that many or any of us will ever be able to afford it, but can you give us more information, Feralpeg?

Let me clarify. Initially, they were marketed as vacation homes only. Upon doing some research, it appears there are a few people living there full time, however very few. The homes are not selling quickly. I would assume that is because most of the homes are only occupied a portion of the year and because their rules are extremely strict.

There was a thread awhile back about Golden Oaks that will give you a better idea of what it would be like to have a home there.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092456&highlight=golden+oaks

I never wear ears outside the parks (and rarely inside the parks). I do occasionally wear my tiara when I am cleaning. Word of advice for anyone who might wish to do the same: the UPS man looks at you kind of funny if you forget to take off your tiara before opening the door.

I have a Santa hat with Mickey ears from a MVMCP a few years ago. I have worn that to work on Christmas Eve, just for fun. Other than that, I haven't even owned ears since I was 8 years old- they were too itchy.

So, is this true? Are people not allowed to live there full time?

Or do people just choose to not live there full time?

I have a Santa hat with Mickey ears from a MVMCP a few years ago. I have worn that to work on Christmas Eve, just for fun. Other than that, I haven't even owned ears since I was 8 years old- they were too itchy.

Oh I forgot about christmas mickey ears. I do wear the on gift delivery.

So, is this true? Are people not allowed to live there full time?

Or do people just choose to not live there full time?

When they first announced Golden Oaks, they made a big deal about it being vacation homes only. Since then, they have lighted up. A few residents do live there year round. For the most part, people use the home for vacations only. Of course, there aren't that many home yet. From what I've been told by a person working there, most of the homes have been purchased by people from out of the country.

On a train, in a plane, doing the naked mambo,lol

Um but no. The only thing I wear on my head is at Christmas my Santa hat with one side saying I'm Nice, the other side says I'm Naughty, guess which one I show? Lol.

Let me clarify. Initially, they were marketed as vacation homes only. Upon doing some research, it appears there are a few people living there full time, however very few. The homes are not selling quickly. I would assume that is because most of the homes are only occupied a portion of the year and because their rules are extremely strict.

There was a thread awhile back about Golden Oaks that will give you a better idea of what it would be like to have a home there.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092456&highlight=golden+oaks

Thanks for that link! Very interesting to hear from someone who visited there and who was with someone who could afford it if they chose to.

On a train, in a plane, doing the naked mambo,lol

Um but no. The only thing I wear on my head is at Christmas my Santa hat with one side saying I'm Nice, the other side says I'm Naughty, guess which one I show? Lol.

I think that, technically speaking, if you are wearing Mouse Ears you aren't really naked.

Party pooper,j/K I have a bad case of immaturity tonight. How about just wearing Mickey ears and a smile?

I guess the question is, are Mickey Ears a hat?* or a prosthetic replacement for substandard ears? Inquiring minds want to know!

*is Mickey Ears a hat? Not sure of the correct grammatical form, because neither sounds right!

I guess the question is, are Mickey Ears a hat?* or a prosthetic replacement for substandard ears? Inquiring minds want to know!

*is Mickey Ears a hat? Not sure of the correct grammatical form, because neither sounds right!

According to the Disney store it is a hat.

http://www.disneystore.com/ear-hats-mickey-mitts-accessories-disney-parks-authentic-mickey-mouse-ear-hat-for-kids-walt-disney-world/mp/1254793/1000292+1000809/

That's about all I feel safe contributing to this discussion...

Party pooper,j/K I have a bad case of immaturity tonight. How about just wearing Mickey ears and a smile?

"You're never fully dressed without a smile" - great, now I have "Annie" songs running through my head! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter