• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wearing mask at the pools ?

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
For those of you have visited in Dec, did the CM's ask you to put your mask back on when you got out of the pool and are sitting in the sun ? I know the web site says you can only take them off while swimming, eating or drinking. Just wondering how much they are enforcing the rules if you are lounging on a chair away from people. How they keep track of what chairs need to be cleaned?
Thanks

Last edited:
In our experience Masks were not required anywhere on the "Pool Deck" and I have not seen any reports to the contrary.

Masks are required when going to the Restrooms,Pool Bar,etc. :)
Thank you, did they have someone cleaning the chairs when you left or is it up to you to sanitize the chairs to be sure they are clean?

Thank you, did they have someone cleaning the chairs when you left or is it up to you to sanitize the chairs to be sure they are clean?
They have CMs cleaning them,but not sure how "promptly" they clean them after each Guest-it probably varies,so it wouldn't hurt to clean them yourself to be sure.

For those of you have visited in Dec, did the CM's ask you to put your mask back on when you got out of the pool and where sitting in the sun ? I know the web site says you can only take them off while swimming, eating or drinking. Just wondering how much they are enforcing the rules if you are lounging on a chair away from people. How they keep track of what chairs need to be cleaned?
Thanks
We were there in July and in December. No, they don't ask you to put your mask on when you are on the pool deck. You have to wear one when when ordering from the pool bar, but that's it.

Generally speaking, when you leave your chair they want you to lean the seat backs forward to alert the CM it’s time to clean - but communicating this as well as guests complying is inconsistent. They do have CMs assigned solely to cleaning/monitoring chairs, but they aren’t there/can’t see everything every second of the day, so there’s some variability in the situation. There also tends to be more active CM cleaning during the day when crowds are higher and it becomes less apparent as it gets towards the evening. You also see some variation in the aggressiveness (or lack there of) of the CMs.

Are pools open regular hours?

I keep waiting for Disney to make a seasonal adjustment to hours (which hasn't happened yet, but historical does at some point during the slower winter months), but Feature Pool hours across property have been 10am-10pm since Labor Day weekend.

Our experience at BLT and AKV-K were different from each other, but I suspect it was a geography thing. At BLT you are stopped at the entrance gate and the person there asks if you have been to the pool before; if not they explain the rules. At AKV no one explained anything, but there are more access points there I think.

We were told not to move the chairs, that they were spaced for families to be distant from other families; to wear our masks when walking around to the bathroom or bar; and to tip our chairs forward when we were done with them so they could be cleaned for the next person. It wasn't crowded at either place so it was fairly easy for the cleaners to see who was where. I took my mask of when I was seated or going to/from the pool to swim. Put it on to do anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter