Wearing masks...

EveDallas

Always keep fighting
My county had passed an ordinance requiring masks be worn in any essential business. (Only about 1 in 3 people actually do it, but that's another thread.) Of the people I do see wearing them, about half wear them incorrectly. What's the point of even wearing one if only the mouth it's covered or if the person is constantly pulling it up and down? I wear one even though it makes me feel like I'm suffocating and makes me cough , which gets me dirty looks from others in the store.

Last edited:
We stopped shopping in one of our supermarkets because the managers were not enforcing effective wearing of the masks by employees. They were doing what you suggest - pulling them down. But I wonder if they received any training.

As for people not wearing them at all - really expensive fines would fix that really quick.

Most people don't know how to wear a mask properly or so unused to sensation of having their face covered, that they are going to fidget and mess with it. That's going to be a reason people get infected is from messing with masks and not having disinfected hands.
Yes, they are hot even the breathable ones. I did buy some new "easier" to wear ones for when it gets warmer if needed and they are still going to be hot.

Even if they are wearing them wrong or touch their faces, there is the possibility that if they are asymptomatic this could prevent them from spreading the virus to someone else. So wearing one may not stop someone from getting the virus, (particularly if they keep touching it), but it could prevent them from spreading it to someone else.

Most people don't know how to wear a mask properly or so unused to sensation of having their face covered, that they are going to fidget and mess with it. That's going to be a reason people get infected is from messing with masks and not having disinfected hands.
Yes, they are hot even the breathable ones. I did buy some new "easier" to wear ones for when it gets warmer if needed and they are still going to be hot.

What are these, and where are you able to get them?

I live on Fort Knox. We are required to wear masks or are not allowed to enter any building. The PX and Commissary are limiting the number of people allowed in and the Commissary has certain hours set aside for active duty and spouses and for Sr Citizens. I have seen some pretty creative masks but no one is complaining about wearing them and wearing them correctly . Thankfully, we have no cases on Post, but we are very close to Louisville and Jefferson County is the worst hit in the state so I am not sure how long we will stay safe. So far they have not told us we can't leave post, but I will not be surprised if it happens if Hardin County starts getting hit hard.

For some reason, every time I put on a mask, my nose itches, and then it starts to drip. It's so annoying! But I don't touch it until I get out of the store and take it off in the car (can't drive while wearing it because it fogs up my glasses). I'm willing to be uncomfortable if it keeps me and other people safe.

For people who resist wearing a mask, heaven forbid you are uncomfortable!

Even if they are wearing them wrong or touch their faces, there is the possibility that if they are asymptomatic this could prevent them from spreading the virus to someone else. So wearing one may not stop someone from getting the virus, (particularly if they keep touching it), but it could prevent them from spreading it to someone else.

How are they going to prevent it if their noses aren't covered? People breathe through their noses too.

Here in NYC people would look at you like you're some form of crazy w/o a mask worn properly.
If you" vant to be alone" this would be a good way, LOL.
How to wear masks properly might be something for your local government to send out a public announcement on.

What's the point of even wearing one if only the mouth it's covered or if the person is constantly pulling it up and down?

The point is they should be reinforced through some means to learn to wear one and wear it properly.

Stores in CA have started turning away people from coming into stores without a covering.
In addition, the vented masks are not allowed because of concerns that the exhale opening defeats the purpose of wearing the mask.

What’s the point of driver’s license if people can’t drive properly or responsibly? Still required.

The point is they should be reinforced through some means to learn to wear one and wear it properly.

Stores in CA have started turning away people from coming into stores without a covering.
In addition, the vented masks are not allowed because of concerns that the exhale opening defeats the purpose of wearing the mask.

What’s the point of driver’s license if people can’t drive properly or responsibly? Still required.

They have shown us a million times how to wash our hands; now we need to see how to use a mask correctly.

Ok you're not understanding what I'm saying. Or you don't care. I never said they shouldn't be worn or required. But if people don't wear them properly then they don't do any good.

I wear mine because others will feel better if I have it on, not because I believe I will be any safer.

If I see people in the store and they even have just a bandanna on their face covering their mouth and nose, I will appreciate them for trying. I'm not going to fault people for not wearing 3-ply cloth masks with filtration systems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter