Wearing PJs to Walmart

So peeps are required to wear jeans and a shirt to you? As in they must wear that in order to be seen as respectful? As in you have to own jeans to be viewed this way in your eyes?

I just can't even with your rationale TBH yikes
I'm pretty sure it is just an example of clothes that are easy to put on.

To me, yes everything is covered, and do whatever you like, but I am going to question your personal hygiene.

They look like college students. We were at a Purdue football game a few years back and a lot of the students were wearing those onsie footie pjs. In the grand scheme of things that college kids could be doing, wearing pjs isn't worth getting worked up over.

I wear yoga pants, and gasp, sometimes my tennis clothes to a store after a practice, I'm not going to change to run in to buy milk wine.

So peeps are required to wear jeans and a shirt to you? As in they must wear that in order to be seen as respectful? As in you have to own jeans to be viewed this way in your eyes?

Of course not.

It was merely an example of clothes to wear out of the house into a business situation.

Pajamas are worn in private, not out in public.

I just can't even with your rationale TBH yikes

And I can't comprehend why my having a different opinion matters this much to you.

I'm pretty sure it is just an example of clothes that are easy to put on.

To me, yes everything is covered, and do whatever you like, but I am going to question your personal hygiene.
Hmm...that doesn't make sense at least going off of real life experience and their previous comment that it's not hard to put on jeans and a t shirt.

I don't know about you but my pants that I've worn to bed are way easier to put on than my jeans. Especially when you add a belt. I mean the pic is of a onsie but the conversation was about pjs and then yoga pants are brought up.

Jeans IME are like the hardest pants to put on, they are the most confining too. Some days (and women know what I mean) jeans are your absolute enemy. I own 1 pair of leggings and I'll tell you they are the easiest to put on. I own 1 pair of yoga style capris I work out in and I'll tell you they are easier to put on than my jeans. I own a couple of jeggings and they are easier than jeans but not as easy as the other two.

Methinks this is more about a weird objection to items other than jeans, besides does the act alone of wearing jeans make you somehow more acceptable are do they need to be the right kind of jeans ;)

I’m old school FOR ME.
I wouldn’t take the garbage can to the curb in my pajamas, let alone go anywhere in public.
When I go out shopping my hair is done, full makeup and decent outfit. When I’m all put together I feel like i can conquer the world. If I went out in pajamas I would feel so sluggish and just plain blah. Not for me :sad2:

It was merely an example of clothes to wear out of the house into a business situation.
Walmart is a business situation? I mean I'm with you if we're talking about a board meeting in the corporate office but this is Walmart :confused:

And I can't comprehend why my having a different opinion matters this much to you.
Can I pull out the "it's a discussion board" comment or is that going to appear too lazy? It doesn't actually matter much at all to me, you posted I responded, easy peasy :)

jokes on everyone i wear shorts and tshirt to bed.. i go out in pjs all the time
You have hit the nail on the head. It is the idea that if someone gets out of bed in pyjamas and wears the same pyjamas all day then they are presumably wearing the same undergarments (maybe none?), or perhaps not washing, brushing teeth etc., that makes me question their personal hygiene. Changing outfits suggests clean clothes and a wash.

I don't wear PJs outside of the house. I do go out in sweats, stretch pants or leggings, but not PJs. Sometimes I change into my PJ pants the second I get home from work, but not if I'm going out again later. That's just my preference.

My mother is a proper southern lady, &, if she‘s going outside of her house, she has to wear makeup, have her hair done, & would never ever go anywhere in pajamas or even leggings.

One year for our DD’s birthday, we hosted a Strawberry Shortcake Breakfast Party at our house & invited everyone to wear their pajamas to go along w/ our theme. My mother brought a brand new pair of pajamas w/ her to the party & changed at our house - she didn’t want to be wearing pajamas in the car on the way to the party in case she & my dad got pulled over or were in an accident.

Me personally, I’ll go to Walmart or some place similar like the grocery store in very casual wear like leggings (w/ a longer shirt/hoodie), but, in most cases, I won’t wear pajamas. And I’ll always have at least SOME makeup on & my hair will be fixed.

I can’t say that I’ve NEVER been to the store in my pajamas because, one year when it was pajama day at school, I stopped at the store while wearing the pajamas - but my hair was done & my makeup was on. LOL!

It doesn’t bother me if someone else is wearing pajamas. I mean, whatever… you do you. But I can’t say that I‘ve never not looked askance at someone in the Walmart for wearing their pajamas & looking like they just rolled out of bed.

And, most of the time, you can tell a difference between someone wearing their pajamas because they are going to or just came from a PJ day at school or work & someone wearing their pajamas just because they didn’t feel like or care about getting ready.

High school & college kids I usually give a pass to - they’re kids & they’re going to do kid things.

Last edited:
I don’t wear pjs out but have worn leggings or yoga pants if popping out quickly somewhere. Doesn’t really bother me what others wear as long as they are dressed. My DH had hernia surgery in December and was really uncomfortable wearing jeans until recently so wore sweatpants out most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter