• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather in July?

MTMom

Disney Addict
We're thinking about taking our third Disney cruise in July of 2003. In the past, we have always cruised in February and have had perfect weather (except for chilly water at Castaway Cay!) and calm seas. I was hoping to hear back from other folks who have cruised in July. Thanks!

We cruised this past July on the 7 day Western and it was HOT HOT HOT (and I live in Florida!):sunny:

I agree...July and August are muy caliente here in S Florida, and even hotter in the islands....

We were on the July 6th Western this past year and to be honest, it was hotter in NY! From previous posters, however, I am sure that last year was an abbaration (we also decorated the outside of our house for Christmas last year in tee shirts! Not this year, though).

Seriously, as long as you are prepared for the heat and drink a lot of water, I wouldn't let it prevent me from cruising in July. In fact, we're on the July 13 Wonder this year!

We have already cruised twice in July...2000, Eastern 2001 and are going on the Western this July 2003! It was HOT and humid but I guess we didn't mind it much or we wouldn't be going for a 3rd time in the same month.

I was also wondering about the motion of the ocean? I've heard that waves are smaller in the winter, and larger in the summer; making for a rougher ride in the warmer months. Any comments?

So far both our July cruises have been smooth sailing...(knock on wood). With the exception of the first night out on the Eastern. You are at sea more on the Eastern so we felt more rocking the first and 2nd night. Not enough to make us feel seasick, but we also take Bonine as preventive...since we don't experience side effect w/ it. Hurricane season can be anywhere from June-October but I think you never know w/ Mother Nature. There were a few cruises in May that were rough, so you it's hard to tell.

On the July 6 Western the seas were as smooth as glass! Only knew the ship was moving once when we were dining in Parrot Cay and saw the shades sway. That was it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter