Weather in San Diego in mid October?

abby

Abby's Mom
I've been to San Diego in January (it rained) and early May (it was pleasant) how is mid October? The kid has a few days off from school and I really want to go back, I love staying at the Paradise Point, and going to seaworld, and I am disney'd out for now. So what could I expect weather wise, warm enough to swim?

That will depend on your faily tolerances for water temp. If you're referring to the ocean - that's another matter - plus I think it is always too cool for ocean water for MY tastes... and I've lived all my life out here!

The almanac for SD on Oct 1st suggests the average high and low for that day is 76 to 64 degrees with rain of 0.01" (no rain). The record high and low has been 93 and 52 degrees with maximum rainfall of 0.44". October 1st will be a half moon, and the 7th a full moon, the 14th a half again then no moon on the 21st.

For for somoe REAL fun ... here is a daily almanac forecast for the entire month in San Diego:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KSAN/2006/10/1/MonthlyHistory.html

SO - I hope this helps a little. It is usually nice in SD compared to rest of the nation - IMHO! :thumbsup2 Here are a couple pix from my last visit to SD at the Hyatt Grand Regency next to Seaport Village this past May 2006....

iCAFC80C4-7CE3-4EFF-B262-53DA391C1EBC.jpg
iD1095D7F-3460-40A0-A4A4-ECFA8D41CB61.jpg

And here are a couple from legoland which show the sky...

i19A90D35-B93E-41A5-A5CE-06FEC9E7820E.jpg
i3613C569-7A7F-45FD-B142-4C1EE7244953.jpg

Well...

... it should not be too wet according to the Almanac! Cheers! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter