Weather/Packing

Funbobbi

Mouseketeer
Never been there at this time of year before. What's the weather like? Can you swim at this time of year?

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

I was out swimming yesterday, it was a bit cold but still doable. My son had a blast. I was wearing a T-shirt today until about 4pm when I needed to put on a light jacket. temps are high 60's to low 70's recently. There were a few sprinkles of rain. It was the most overcast of our stay on Thursday.

Thanks for the Link!

Too bad the Weather Man isn't 100%! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I was told to bring "Fall type" clothing.

janet

Depends on what your "fall" is like. Here is ranges .. in Sept it is fairly nice but gets nasty rain in November .. LOL
I doubt highly we will get rain in CA while we are there. 19th-23rd. I am not bringing our heavy coats. But in NW OREGON I wouldn't be without them ;).
I am going to bring light fleeces. Since we will be there about 6:30 and it won't warm up till a bit later. And some of us plan to stay till midnight. I am planning to pack two long pants... one jean and one quickdry that can fold very tiny and can cover over shorts. And then the rest shorts... probably 3 pair since they are smaller than jeans and I can do all my luggage as a carry on. Tops I plan on two long sleeves and the rest tee's. And one fleece. I do want to buy a sweatshirt while I am there, otherwise two warmer sweatshirt types would be good. Especially since I am traveling with a preschooler LOL.
Definately bringing swimsuits..
80 is almost "too hot" for me. LOL
I am soooooo excited I just can't stop typing LOL
Have a great time!

We were there last week.
We wore jeans almost every day. Two days we wore capris. We wore short sleeved t-shirts, occasionally a long sleeved t-shirt.
At 5:00 it gets CHILLY!! We would get a locker and put our sweaters in it, or tie them around our waists for the evening. My DD is cold alot, so she kept hers on all day sometimes.
If you plan on staying late for fireworks or parades, you should have a sweater on.
We did see people in big jackets, mittens and touques on there too!

The kids swam 2 nights around 8pm. The pool water at our hotel was fairly warm though. DH and I sat in the hottub, but didn't venture into the pool!

We were there a week ago and were wearing pants almost every day. The one day I wore shorts I was getting strange looks from people (like "what, is she crazy" lol). It was a bit chilly but was warming up to about 70 degrees f. every day, but like a pp said, it did get chilly at night. Pants were def. the way to go - I only wore shorts that one day because it was towards the end of the trip and I had run out of clean clothes (DL hotel has a laundry room but it was closed for some reason). It was tolerable, especially when I was wearing something warm on top, but I would have been more comfy in capris or pants that day. Of course there were a few days we had high winds so that played into the chill factor as well.

We did go swimming a few times in the afternoon. The pool at DL is heated but it still felt quite chilly the first few minutes until your body acclimates. DS was loving it but when his teeth started chattering we knew it was time to get out lol. The spa was really nice the few times I got to use it. The weather can't get too cold for the hot tub IMO.

Hope you have a great time!

Trouble is... I wear shorts when it is 60 :S
and it is supposed to get up to 80! I will put my ds in pants most of the time and just bring shorts in the backpack ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter