Weather this week...should I be worried

Rivergirl2005

DIS Veteran
I checked the weather and from Friday to Tuesday it has 80% chance of rain or higher...should I be worried? Or this just the afternoon rain? We arrive tomorrow and I have only dealt with 50% chance of rain :(

Pay as much attention to that forecast as you would the forecast in your area.

(For ME, that would be "not much.") ;)

Looks like its mostly in the evening on Thursday. But Florida weather can turn on a dime.

Id really recommend the app "Dark Sky" its 1.99 I think, but its the most accurate to the hour weather app. It will tell you exactly when the rain is occurring. We've found it amazing accurate during all of our trips.

I live here in Orlando and it’s rained the past three days in the afternoon and has only lasted about an hour. But it seems like it’ll be very cloudy/stormy this next week so I’m expecting a little more than afternoon rain. I’d suggest bringing umbrellas or ponchos every day. Good luck though! You can still do a lot even with rainy days.

I checked the weather and from Friday to Tuesday it has 80% chance of rain or higher...should I be worried? Or this just the afternoon rain? We arrive tomorrow and I have only dealt with 50% chance of rain :(

I’m in Atlanta and we get a lot of the same systems if they are big enough. Watch the national news that should tell you something. This morning on HLN they said that GA is getting half a foot of rain over the next 7 days. It’s the system that flooded Texas a few days ago. Don’t know if it is going to be that far south though but I would look into it. Could be more than the usual.

On the upside with the right clothes and ponchos a good rain clears out crowds!

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday there will be rain from about 12-3. Take a break, have lunch, etc.

Again as previously stated, it is our rainy season.

It's Florida and it's summer. Whenever we vacation there the forecast almost always says 80% chance of storms daily...it is what it is. Most of the time it will storm or rain for maybe 30 minutes and be done. The humidity is so high that there is almost always a chance of storms.

I can't wait for the day I can say "it is our rainy season." (Planning on retiring to Orlando in 6 years:))

I assume at this point, you're going no matter what. No use in worrying about the weather. Prepare for it, and make the best of whatever you get.

I live here in Orlando and it’s rained the past three days in the afternoon and has only lasted about an hour. But it seems like it’ll be very cloudy/stormy this next week so I’m expecting a little more than afternoon rain. I’d suggest bringing umbrellas or ponchos every day. Good luck though! You can still do a lot even with rainy days.

I live on the west side in Ocoee and have yet to see rain

Weatherbug is the most accurate app, in my opinion. Like scary accurate. My last wdw trip was 2016 during Hurricane Hermine. Rained EVERY day, POURED many times. First rain I had in 6 wdw trips!!! First trip hubby and I took without kids, for our 25th anniversary.I packed $9 ponchos from Walmart. We had a blast!!! We had dry weather for a bit. But it rains a bit every day in Florida May-October, pretty much.We'd gone 1 in June, 4x in Sept, 1 in October, no rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter