• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Website - Problems?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
People on FB, myself included, on multiple browsers, are unable to get into the site and getting this message.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• 5F774BDF-817E-4AC4-B902-D6D5398B957F.png
    5F774BDF-817E-4AC4-B902-D6D5398B957F.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 32
FYI... DNS Failure means that the Internet facing device with the host IP address isn't accessible or pinging on the Internet.

WDW site also down.

And I just called and there was a message saying they are "temporarily closed".

Appears as if the issue has been resolved and the affected websites are back online.

Jut signed off the DVC Members' website and all was normal.

I have a suggestion: Let's just all assume that Disney IT isn't working, and if one of us stumbles on a day where it is up & running, we'll create a thread to alert everyone to log-in immediately to take care of your business.:idea: But wait...if everyone gets on at once, the system will crash. Back to the drawing board!

I have a suggestion: Let's just all assume that Disney IT isn't working, and if one of us stumbles on a day where it is up & running, we'll create a thread to alert everyone to log-in immediately to take care of your business.:idea: But wait...if everyone gets on at once, the system will crash. Back to the drawing board!

This had nothing to do with Disney IT. Akumai was down. If Akumai is down, about a third of the U.S. internet is down. Amazon Web Services was down - that's another huge percentage. There isn't much Disney IT can do about infrastructure problems outside of its control.

This morning at 7 AM, I was able to modify a reservation. Now, at 8:50 AM, I can’t even get in.

I have gotten the email regarding the new 7 AM reservation.

This morning at 7 AM, I was able to modify a reservation. Now, at 8:50 AM, I can’t even get in.

Probably just heavy traffic. I was just on and all seemed normal. No problem for me to sign earlier today, either.

Interesting at how fast cancellations get grabbed up. I was on about 7:30 am Eastern and saw 3 nights at BLT (11/28, 11/29 & 11/30) available in a Lake View Studio. Looked again about 8:30 am Eastern and they were gone. Can't help but wonder if the waitlist got them or if a stalker got lucky. :)

Its obvious now this migration was not for the purpose of updates. It never stated it was but still, I think we all were hoping it would at least work more consistently. Ugggg

Probably just heavy traffic. I was just on and all seemed normal.

Interesting at how fast cancellations get grabbed up. I was on about 7:30 am Eastern and saw 3 nights at BLT available (11/28, 11/29 & 11/30) in a Lake View Studio. Looked again about 8:30 am Eastern and they were gone. Can't help but wonder if the waitlist got them or if a stalker got lucky. :)
You are correct..I tried once again, and did what I needed.

DCL has announced they will begin sailing August 9!! We have two cruised for this year, and in each case I booked DVC just in case the cruises didn’t go. We feel confident that we can cancel the DVC part.

Last edited:
Its obvious now this migration was not for the purpose of updates. It never stated it was but still, I think we all were hoping it would at least work more consistently. Ugggg

You don't take a website down for two days in the modern era for mere updates. It was some sort of back end architecture change or version change to the core software. And that sort of thing causes more problems (initially) than it solves. There will be at least a few weeks of issues.

(My guess, a change to the architecture to support a move to microservices. Its the hot thing all big IT departments are doing and consulting companies are pushing. If done well, microservices will allow updates to be made seamlessly and regularly - what are major changes in traditional architecture are far more flexible minor changes. Done poorly, and every change will have unanticipated effects on other services. Always keep in mind that IT updates are often not customer facing at all)

You don't take a website down for two days in the modern era for mere updates. It was some sort of back end architecture change or version change to the core software. And that sort of thing causes more problems (initially) than it solves. There will be at least a few weeks of issues.

(My guess, a change to the architecture to support a move to microservices. Its the hot thing all big IT departments are doing and consulting companies are pushing. If done well, microservices will allow updates to be made seamlessly and regularly - what are major changes in traditional architecture are far more flexible minor changes. Done poorly, and every change will have unanticipated effects on other services. Always keep in mind that IT updates are often not customer facing at all)

I hope a few weeks is all it takes, because I can't get into the site about 25% of the time- just get the white screen- or "This page isn't working". Aaaarrrrgggghhh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter