Wedding diets

giffy231

Mouseketeer
Anyone on one? Just curious what we are all up to, I was really thinking about it as we were planning all our adrs for the wedding week. lol. Good thing we are getting married early in the week or I might not fit in the dress at the end.

I am using TLS (Transitions Lifestyle Program). It can be customized to you and how fast you would like to lose weight. There is a survey that will tell you what program is recommended for you (there is a slow and steady program and a rapid results program). The system teaches you how to eat right overall, instead of crash dieting which is horrible for you.

I will never try another diet. Love this program :love:

If you would like more information the website can be found on http://www.amandatopia.com

Good Luck!

I'm attempting to stick to a diet... so far so good, though!

My hard part is finding the motivation and desire to exercise. My lazy butt likes to sit at the computer playing on facebook and the dis ;)

Anyways... I currently use www.loseit.com
Its a FREE calorie counting website. They help you set your daily calorie budget based on your goals and such. They have almost every food in their database, too, so you don't need to always look at nutrition info to log your calories.

There's an App for iphone and android too.

So far I've lost 10 pounds with it after roughly a month, so I'd say its working. Definitely makes me stop to think about what I eat before doing so.

Its also a million times easier than Weight Watchers with their crazy points program. I know their system works, but it was annoying to never know the value of anything until you plugged it into the website or calculated it!

Good luck!!

I don't believe in "diets" one bit and after my father passed away two years ago I've vowed to change my life for the better by doing a lifestyle change. Last Year I was 255 and I'm now 190 and I'm going to keep on going. The thing is with diets is once you lose all that weight, are you going to go back to the way you used to eat? The way I'm doing it is I cut soda out for one and if I end up craving one, that's all I'll have, ONE. I do 5 small meals a day every 3 to 4 hours. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. I've been on a 1200-1800 calories a day regiment. I eat anything I want, just small sizes. It also helps that I have support from my loving fiance. We don't slam down 4 slices of pizza anymore, we just have one or two thin and crispy loaded with veggies. We share everything together. We ask our waiters to not toast our bread or buns because they do with butter. It's a lot of hard work but in the end your stomach gets used to it as you keep losing the weight. It becomes smaller thus if you try to go crazy on a buffet, it'll let you know "HEY STOP," Why are you eating like this?" hahah. I eat plenty of veggies and fruits and guess what if there are cookies, I'll eat one, not 6 and I'll be fine. Good Luck everyone. If I can do it, so can everyone else. Oh and I walk and do exercise at home a lot and at the gym. At least three times a week. :banana:

Here are some before and after shots!

At my heaviest of 255!! :eek:
dc.jpg

Last Year Pictures:
ourcouch-1.jpg

christmas.jpg

Taken a few weeks ago and this year pictures:
SAM_5170.jpg

iasw.jpg

minnieshirt.jpg

photoboothfun.jpg

Great job, v_misses_epcot! That is really the only way to lose weight. I am a certified personal trainer and I know everyone wants a quick fix, but the best way to lose weight is to control portions, drink plenty of water, and exercise. And I mean exercise a lot - like 5 days a week for an hour or more. Even though I'm a trainer, I still had some weight to lose before my wedding (it had been a stressful year before the engagement!), so I went on a walking regimen of 40+ miles a week, and I ate around 2000 calories a day of mostly healthy foods. I lost 26 lb of body fat in 3 1/2 months and looked/felt way better on the day. Don't starve yourself, don't cut out any major food groups (i.e. don't eliminate carbs or fat), and exercise at a moderate intensity most days a week. Also, make sure you give yourself enough time, at least 3 months if you want to lose 20 lb or less and up to a year if you want to lose 50-80 lb. Weight loss cannot be crammed! :)

I get married in October and have been on my diet since mid November. I did fall off the wagon in mid- December, but I got back on and have been going strong since. I use a calorie tracker that helps and have been doing one of Jillian Michaels' DVD's and use a stationary bike for 5 miles doing 30 second intervals. I have lost 25 pounds so far and would like to reach my goal (another 10-15 lbs) by end of April in time for my dress fittings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter