• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding dress-2nd marriage

smilie

I've been unwonked!
Help ladies! I have been looking for a wedding dress for our wedding coming up at the end of May. This is my 2nd marriage, I am 41. I cannot decide on anything!!! I have zero idea what kind of dress I want other than the fact that I don't want the huge ball gown and train. I would love it if anyone has pictures of dresses they wore for their 2nd wedding. Just for ideas to get me started.

Help ladies! I have been looking for a wedding dress for our wedding coming up at the end of May. This is my 2nd marriage, I am 41. I cannot decide on anything!!! I have zero idea what kind of dress I want other than the fact that I don't want the huge ball gown and train. I would love it if anyone has pictures of dresses they wore for their 2nd wedding. Just for ideas to get me started.

Congratulations!
Go look on The Adrianna Pappell site, she has amazing dresses!

Most second brides I have seen wear a shorter, simple dress in a light color. Normally off white or light taupe with a little bling. I agree with no ball gown or train. I am sure you will find something beautiful and congratulations on finding happiness.

Congratulations!
Go look on The Adrianna Pappell site, she has amazing dresses!
Thank you. I actually have been looking at her dresses, but the bridesmaid dresses for me. There's a blush sequins dress that is beautiful but I'm afraid it wont be the same if I need to have it hemmed since I'm so short. Do the sequins hold up during alterations?

Alex Evenings also does nice dresses. I wore one of their dresses for DD's wedding. You can search online, but I know they carry Alex Evenings at Lord&Taylor (where I went to try on several styles). I ended up ordering my dress from Belk.
Also look at Azazie.com. That's where DD got her bridesmaids dresses, but they also do MOB and modest styles. The have a try-on program ($10 includes shipping both ways so you can try on the dress at home) and will do custom sizing (rack dresses can be returned, custom can't- that's the only difference, no difference in the price of the dress). We ordered a couple of dresses for each girl to try on. All decided on doing custom as two bridesmaids were about 5'10" tall and the other two were 4'10" and 5'2". All the dresses fit perfectly... except maybe a tad too long (but that's because the girls didn't wear shoes as "high" as they'd thought they would).

Thank you. I actually have been looking at her dresses, but the bridesmaid dresses for me. There's a blush sequins dress that is beautiful but I'm afraid it wont be the same if I need to have it hemmed since I'm so short. Do the sequins hold up during alterations?

Having the sequins altered would probably be tough. My daughter in law ordered one of them for her rehearsal dinner and decided to wear super high heels because it was so long. I could never do that, but she's in her 20's lol!
Dillards had a lot of Adrianna Pappell dresses in there stores if you have one in your area.
My daughter was married in Disney World and then a year later had a Catholic wedding and she ordered a beautiful tea length dress from Alfred Angelo that was all lace and beautiful. I loved it so much, I wore it for our 25th anniversary vow renewal on The Disney Magic in 2012. Sadly, Alfred Angelo went out of business.
But tea length could work for you. I'm short too, I get the aggravation with finding a dress.

You can try a local bridal shop, they will have all sorts of styles for you to try.
Be careful of ordering anything online that is not from a reputable dealer, a lot of scammers out there that will tell you they can recreate a dress and then send you garbage.

Good Luck!

Church wedding? Outdoors? Exotic locale? Place of the wedding is a large factor in what type of dress you wear. The second weddings I've been to, the brides have all worn long wedding gowns with veils. So wear whatever you're comfortable in, whether that be a short dress or a gown.

Much like a thread I responded to a few days ago on the budget board, I would never order formal dresses online. Most places are in China and are garbage. Buy local, where you can try it on and know it will work for you.

Church wedding? Outdoors? Exotic locale? Place of the wedding is a large factor in what type of dress you wear. The second weddings I've been to, the brides have all worn long wedding gowns with veils. So wear whatever you're comfortable in, whether that be a short dress or a gown.
We are getting married at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I'd like to have a longer dress and the feeling of being a bride. But just not too over the top.

Much like a thread I responded to a few days ago on the budget board, I would never order formal dresses online. Most places are in China and are garbage. Buy local, where you can try it on and know it will work for you.

I thought the same thing about ordering online, but Azazie was VERY good, great customer service, well-made dresses (I work part-time as a seamstress and was quite satisfied with the workmanship), exactly as depicted and ordered. I do not believe they subcontract the order to a variety of Chinese workshops, as many companies do. They also do not sell dresses that are copies of the current bridal designer styles, as many of the Chinese companies do and at dirt-cheap prices; they have their own styles and dresses, which seem to run from abound $99-$189 (for bridesmaids dresses). Being able to do an at-home try-on sealed the deal for us.

( I actually learned from reading online that the Chinese companies can promise designer dresses for so little money because they subcontract the order, not just to "businesses" but often to individual workers. If you order 6 dresses, it's possible that they are made by 6 different people, in 6 different locations. Quality can be awful, colors don't match, and returns/customer service doesn't exist. I, too, would be very careful when ordering from many of these companies, and would search online carefully for reviews before ever considering them.)

We are getting married at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I'd like to have a longer dress and the feeling of being a bride. But just not too over the top.

If that's your vision, you need to have it!
Go to a bridal store, they will have seamstresses that will alter the dress for you!
Start looking ASAP in case it needs to be ordered so you have time to receive it and get the alterations done!

I used to work at David's Bridal and they have a line of simpler dresses called Galina. They were less ornate, less expensive, and a little more basic. Anyone could buy them, but most of the destination wedding brides and second wedding brides chose from this line. Might be a good line to browse, at least for some inspiration.

36497_3250913437889_900290221_n.jpg

It's hard to see but it was an off-white afternoon type dress. Hit mid-calf.

I thought the same thing about ordering online, but Azazie was VERY good, great customer service, well-made dresses (I work part-time as a seamstress and was quite satisfied with the workmanship), exactly as depicted and ordered. I do not believe they subcontract the order to a variety of Chinese workshops, as many companies do. They also do not sell dresses that are copies of the current bridal designer styles, as many of the Chinese companies do and at dirt-cheap prices; they have their own styles and dresses, which seem to run from abound $99-$189 (for bridesmaids dresses). Being able to do an at-home try-on sealed the deal for us.

( I actually learned from reading online that the Chinese companies can promise designer dresses for so little money because they subcontract the order, not just to "businesses" but often to individual workers. If you order 6 dresses, it's possible that they are made by 6 different people, in 6 different locations. Quality can be awful, colors don't match, and returns/customer service doesn't exist. I, too, would be very careful when ordering from many of these companies, and would search online carefully for reviews before ever considering them.)
You can buy dresses locally for that price.

DH and I had a vow renewal at Disney for our 25th wedding anniversary. I wore a pale periwinkle blue chiffon fit and flare gown. No train or veil. I would feel comfortable wearing the same gown for a 2nd marriage.

If I were getting married for the 2nd time in Vegas, I would be wearing a lot of bling. Long or short, white or color, mermaid or fit and flare...I would wear whatever makes me feel gorgeous. Anything goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter