Wedding dresses

317a0E1u7vL.jpg

Not me, obviously.

We got married a few years ago (unfortunately could not afford WDW due to number of guests), but we had to do a Disney inspired picture. This thread reminded me of it! This was my self described Cinderella dress. I hope do do a vow renewal at Disney for our 10th anniversary.

I love looking at all the beautiful gowns here!

2ag90yw.jpg

r9nyat.jpg

dph2k5.jpg

So, my dad is making my wedding dress (October 3rd, 2015! So soon!) so I was able to pick and choose the pieces I wanted!

5adc334e-baf0-49ea-9114-bd4fbd7005fb.enlargedNormal.jpg
Essentially the top from this dress,
wedding-dress-stella-york-2014-5859_main_zoom.jpg
and the skirt from this one. I'm using the beading/lace from the top of the dress to make a belt as well to match. I'm so proud to have my father making my gown! I plan on having it preserved and framed to hang in our bedroom after the wedding. Not quite sure what my future husband thinks of that idea though...

So, my dad is making my wedding dress (October 3rd, 2015! So soon!) so I was able to pick and choose the pieces I wanted!

5adc334e-baf0-49ea-9114-bd4fbd7005fb.enlargedNormal.jpg
Essentially the top from this dress,
wedding-dress-stella-york-2014-5859_main_zoom.jpg
and the skirt from this one. I'm using the beading/lace from the top of the dress to make a belt as well to match. I'm so proud to have my father making my gown! I plan on having it preserved and framed to hang in our bedroom after the wedding. Not quite sure what my future husband thinks of that idea though...
That is so impressive. Please post a photo here once it's done. I would imagine your husband would support that idea since it's so special for your dad to make a dress for you.

That is so impressive. Please post a photo here once it's done. I would imagine your husband would support that idea since it's so special for your dad to make a dress for you.

I definitely will! So far it's turning out better than I could have ever expected!

For anyone who has bought the lovely Alfred Angelo dresses, would you mind sharing a rough price point for your dress? I absolutely love a couple of them, but don't want to even try one on if it will be way out of our budget. Thank you!

For anyone who has bought the lovely Alfred Angelo dresses, would you mind sharing a rough price point for your dress? I absolutely love a couple of them, but don't want to even try one on if it will be way out of our budget. Thank you!

Mine was about $1100 I believe. My sister got one 5 years ago and paid about the same as well. I believe the prices are listed on the US version of the AA website. Here in Canada we get wedding bells. I believe mine was two wedding bells, lol.

Mine was about $1100 I believe. My sister got one 5 years ago and paid about the same as well. I believe the prices are listed on the US version of the AA website. Here in Canada we get wedding bells. I believe mine was two wedding bells, lol.
Thank you!

Yes even in Australia I could have gotten the Cinderella 2015 one for around $1500AUD (which is about USD1100) but compared to the dresses I HAD been looking at they weren't as well crafted or as beautiful so I didn't go ahead with it...
All the dresses I loved were in the $2500-$3000 AUD price range ($1800-$2200 USD) with much more work in the bodice.

My dress is a Morilee and it looks SOOO much better in person than the website....
The store I bought it from has it on a mannequin and when I came out of the changing room the jaws dropped of one girl...because it does look so different on...perfect princess dress...

Bella .jpg

Yes even in Australia I could have gotten the Cinderella 2015 one for around $1500AUD (which is about USD1100) but compared to the dresses I HAD been looking at they weren't as well crafted or as beautiful so I didn't go ahead with it...
All the dresses I loved were in the $2500-$3000 AUD price range ($1800-$2200 USD) with much more work in the bodice.

My dress is a Morilee and it looks SOOO much better in person than the website....
The store I bought it from has it on a mannequin and when I came out of the changing room the jaws dropped of one girl...because it does look so different on...perfect princess dress...

View attachment 139887
So pretty! My dress is Mori Lee also.

View attachment 139887

I tried that dress on last month and loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter