Wedding dresses

That one's really pretty too. I am with you on the needing color I was thrilled with mine and got a ton of compliments and still am when people see my pictures. In the original picture I had of mine the dress color was red but I requested a navy blue and instead of spaghetti straps something a tad bit more substansial.

I agree, spaghetti straps wouldn't haven suited the dress as well. It looked great with the thicker straps. Was you DH just casual? Where did you get married?

We got married at Sunset Pointe in July and he was in linen pants and a silk shirt. Better pics of him are at: http://tinyurl.com/d2bzq he would not have been comfortable in a tux and I didn't want him to use that as an excuse to pass out :D

Great pics, looks good. You have to be comfortable. Our wedding is formal, but my FDH is excited about wearing a tux. I'm pretty sure once he's there in the Florida heat, he'll change his mind.

Oh wow! I LOVE that Bonny site. I have searched everywhere and can't find anything I like, but I found a couple on there that I like. I think pink is going to be our color since it's my fav and he seems ok with that (maybe it'll just be an accent color ;).) I really like this one and it comes with pink as the accent color. What do all of you think? Is it ok to have some color on your dress?? Does this one look like 'hello, here is my chest.'

http://www.bonny.com/index.php?opti...wns.php?id=10&gline=1&start_page=0&featured=N

Wow, that dress is beautiful SRUAlmn, and I think the pink would look great. If I were to get colour in my dress, that definitely would be the colour!

SRUAlmn said:
Oh wow! I LOVE that Bonny site. I have searched everywhere and can't find anything I like, but I found a couple on there that I like. I think pink is going to be our color since it's my fav and he seems ok with that (maybe it'll just be an accent color ;).) I really like this one and it comes with pink as the accent color. What do all of you think? Is it ok to have some color on your dress?? Does this one look like 'hello, here is my chest.'

http://www.bonny.com/index.php?opti...wns.php?id=10&gline=1&start_page=0&featured=N
I think it would be fine, but if you were concerned, adding straps would make it less so. By the way-I used pink and it worked fabulously. Definitely not over the top (bridesmaids actually wore green) but the flowers were stargazer lillies (white on the outside, pink in the middle) and pale pink roses, then in the big arrangements there were hot pink gladiolas and some strange kind of carnation (that I actually liked!) in hot pink. LOVED all of it, and I'm not a big pink girl, just loved stargazers.

umaangel00 said:

oooh...tough decision. I looked at that first one too. It's so cute and princessy princess:

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on the one I liked. I think the only way I'll know is to try a few on and see what style I like best first.

So here is another question along those lines since I'm new to this. I am VERY self conscious about my body and I can't bring myself to go dress shopping, knowing that the stupid lady is going to come in and see me naked and dress me. Any suggestions on how to make it less awkward?? Thanks!!

If you take someone else with you, they're less likely to come in while you're naked. Someone you don't so much mind seeing you. I took my mom when I actually went to pick it out, but for fittings, etc. I always took my maid of honor. She's been my best friend since kindergarten, so I'm not all that self-concious in front of her. If you have somebody you'd feel comfortable with though, that will definitely make them stay out a little more.

I'm so glad everyone is loving the BONNY site. I saw the dresses in a magazine and went straight to the site. I think a bite of color is acceptable. Personally just white made my face really pale. But as soon as I tried on a dress with some color it looked amazing.
Go for the Color!!

I agree with the color on the dresses. I have champagne accents (kind of a pink) and it break up the dress and is very romantic looking. I love it!

SRUAlmn - I know exactly how you feel about being self-conscious. I took my mom and maid of honor with me, but at the store i went to the lady made them wait outside so that the first sight of me was in the dress. I thought I would be uncomfortable, but the women was so nice. I think you'll be fine either way. She gaev me privacy...and had me get as much of the under garments on as i could, before she helped.

Luvndisney said:
I agree with the color on the dresses. I have champagne accents (kind of a pink) and it break up the dress and is very romantic looking. I love it!

SRUAlmn - I know exactly how you feel about being self-conscious. I took my mom and maid of honor with me, but at the store i went to the lady made them wait outside so that the first sight of me was in the dress. I thought I would be uncomfortable, but the women was so nice. I think you'll be fine either way. She gaev me privacy...and had me get as much of the under garments on as i could, before she helped.

Thanks! That's refreshing to hear. My sister had a weird experience and it's made me scared to go. Especially since we just moved and all of my family and friends are far away. My sister is only 3 hours away, so maybe she can come down and go with me :)

BY the way I saw your weight ticker...Congratulations on the weight loss!! I lost a ton of weight about 3 years ago and i know how difficult it is to stick with a loss program - so good luck and you are almost there!!!

Here are some pictures of mine. It was a slightly off white color (my skin coloring doesn’t look good in pure white).
me.jpg

Photo034s.jpg

This is the only one that shows the train that I have uploaded:
Photo333.jpg

ead79 said:
Here are some pictures of mine. It was a slightly off white color (my skin coloring doesn’t look good in pure white).
me.jpg

Photo034s.jpg

This is the only one that shows the train that I have uploaded:
Photo333.jpg

These are great pictures, and the dress totally suits you. Thanks for sharing, gorgeous!

I can't tell you how much I am loving all your wedding dresses.

WDWAurora that is one of my most favourite Davids Bridal wedding dresses :)

Anyway here are mine - the "model" look and the "real" look - personally speaking I don't think the model does the dress any justice whatsoever but then I'm biased :rotfl2:

c7d9c81b.jpg

Here you can see the bead and rock-chip detailing on the dress:

46f7ffdf.jpg

And here's the full look:

b1b6ad5e.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter