Wedding officiant

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I are trying to decide on an officiant, and I was wondering if any of you had some good experiences with anyone in particular. We've been considerng Jack Day and Tim Herring. We want a nondenominational Christian ceremony, and it will be an intimate wedding. Thanks!

Have you joined the group Disneymooners? This group is full of disney brides who are using or have used several of the different officiants and can give you any view or comment to help make your decision.

I personally cannot give anymore help we are getting married on Disney Cruise Line and therefore get married by a bahamian minister on Castaway Cay.

Jack Day did a beautiful ceremony for us. We've actually run into him almost every year since. We wanted a christian but non-denominational ceremony, as we had a Catholic blessing planned for when we got home.

Congrats,
My fiancee and I are getting married on the 29th of this month at Sunset Pointe and are having Reverend Day perform the glourious occasion. I must say up to this point he has stayed in touch with us and being very out-going. We haven't met him yet, but we are excited to have him perform our ceremony. Best of luck.

Jay & Monica
Sunset Pointe
10/29/02:wave

We used Rev Tim Herring for our ceremony this past August. He was involved in the planning and ceremony-writing exactly as much as we wanted him to be. He also stayed with me and my best man at the Pav prior to the ceremony and found him to be very funny, personable and calming.

He handled the ceremony well, using what we wrote, and had a great instinct on when to blend into the background during the family moments.

Can't say a negative thing about him.

Regards,
Andrew

We are having Jack Day perform our ceremony. I filled out the request on-line to recieve his information packet and was very impressed - he called me later that evening and introduced himself and was very nice! He sent us a packet with various ceremonies and said to feel free to cut and paste any of them to our taste - or we can design our own ceremony! His fee is very reasonable (we're having a custom wedding) and it is only $175. We're very excited and can't wait to meet him in person.

I'm sure you'll be very happy. He was wonderful, and made us feel like he meant it when he said he was honored to be included. He did an "ad-lib" thing for the Mothers to come up and light the unity candles that I'm sure didn't leave a dry eye in the house.

We booked Rev. Tim Herring. He was very nice to speak with on the phone. He sent us the book of passages to pick from right away. He was the first Rev. to perform a Disney wedding also!

Hi,

It might be a little late, but I'll put my vote in for Rev. Jack. :) We had our intimate wedding at the gazebo at Boardwalk Inn October 2001. Rev. Jack was wonderful! The first time I spoke with him on the phone, I was very impressed with him and with how at ease he made me. Almost like we'd known eachother for years! :)

Then the day we met him was the ceremony, and again, you would have thought we had known him all of our lives. He was warm, friendly, gracious and just what we wanted. He was animate, sincere and personable throughout the entire ceremony. We actually put together our own ceremony partially from what he'd sent in his packet and from our own imaginations. He performed the whole ceremony as if he'd memorized it! He never once stumbled, made a mistake or sounded "phoney".

I HIGHLY recommend Rev. Jack :)

Congratulations and good luck on your big day!

Another vote for Rev Jack. He did an amazing job for our wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter