Wedding on Castaway

Mark Cameron

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been involved in a Wedding on Castaway Cay? I'm curious about how much of the day it burns up. Not that I don't want to be there, I just want to be able to plan other things to do during our stop there after or before the wedding. I just don't know what's all involved. Thanks!

Has anyone been involved in a Wedding on Castaway Cay? I'm curious about how much of the day it burns up. Not that I don't want to be there, I just want to be able to plan other things to do during our stop there after or before the wedding. I just don't know what's all involved. Thanks!
Is there a bridezilla involved who would suggest that you not even take the cruise if you would suggest doing anything else on HER special day?
:)
However, on a serious note, you probably have no time to do anything early and still get cleaned up for the service. Assuming that there is some type of reception following the wedding you probably won't have time to do anything significant afterwards. And you DON'T want anyone involved in this wedding to hear you use the phrase, 'How much of the day will the wedding will burn up?'. :jumping1:

Is there a bridezilla involved who would suggest that you not even take the cruise if you would suggest doing anything else on HER special day?
:)
However, on a serious note, you probably have no time to do anything early and still get cleaned up for the service. Assuming that there is some type of reception following the wedding you probably won't have time to do anything significant afterwards. And you DON'T want anyone involved in this wedding to hear you use the phrase, 'How much of the day will the wedding will burn up?'. :jumping1:
Well I don't want anyone to feel like we don't want to be there because we wouldn't have spent a few thousand dollars to be there if we didn't, however, they should also realize that we didn't pay a few thousand dollars to ONLY come to their wedding. Just sayin.... lol

You should ask someone in the wedding party what time the wedding/reception will be and if there is any 'free' time to enjoy Castaway Cay.

I would phrase it “I am so excited to see what you have planned for your special day—do you have a schedule for the wedding day I could look at?”

In all weddings, it is normal for the bride and groom to provide a schedule of events so guest can be on time.

Usually for a CC wedding, the ceremony happens very early, before the beach is too crowded.
I have read that after the ceremony, some people go back to the ship to change and go back out to the beach.
Some couples rent the large cabana and continue the party out on the beach.
DCL will give you all the times before to let you know.

We did a vow renewal back in 2012 on The Magic, it was on Deck 7, not CC.
But they gave me a time line of everything.
We did a mock cake cutting, then they put the cake on our table in the dining room at dinner time for us to enjoy then.
We had a photographer for an hour after the ceremony which was at either 3 or 4pm on a sea day.
it was us and our kids and grandkids, 8 total so very small.

Congratulations and good luck!

So.........we canceled our cruise today due to some medical issues with my wife. Bummer I know, however, no more worries about making the Bridezilla mad lol. Thanks for yall's advice!

Im sorry to hear that. Good thoughts on the way to your wife.

Yes, we got married on Castaway Cay on the Fantasy a few years ago. Feel free to ask any questions. It does take a bit of your Castaway Cay time up. After the ceremony everyone goes back on the ship (private event space inside the funnel) to have your cake cutting, drinks and so forth. The saving grace we had was we were the first family to use the Grand Cabana. We did not care for much of the cake cutting bit onboard..would have preferred to stay on the island. At least once that was over everyone headed to the Grand Cabana and we still had majority of the day to spend on Castaway Cay. I really think the Grand Cabana should be added into the Castaway Cay -Disney Fairytale Wedding package. Without the cabana everyone would have been split over the island and since you get back on the island later (all guest on the island by now). Charis and other things would be difficult for a group to find together. Should note that we had a rather large group for a Castaway Cay ceremony (or so they said...typically it's just a few guests). Without a doubt this was the prefect wedding. Don't let any vlogs or videos of the Castaway Cay wedding scare you (they did for us). Nothing matched those experiences we saw online. If you have any questions please let us know...happy to help. Certainly suggest checking out the wedding form and the ebook one of the members they updates frequently. DFTW changes their offerings and pricing all the time. So it's hard to stay up to date with the latest info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter