Wedding Recap

LISAMWDW

DIS Veteran
May 1, 2003
Sunset Pointe
5 PM

We checked into the Poly on April 30 and as we arrived in our room, Carolyn Allen's was knocking on our door for the tux fitting! Good timing! She took her measurements and said she would deliver the tux's tomorrow! We settled into our room while we were waiting for our priority seating at O'hana's for our welcome dinner for our guests. This was a great choice! It was very entertaining! Everyone loved the games, especially the kids! Great food and great service. Thanks to my future sister-in-law, everyone in the restaurant soon knew we were getting married the next day. We were toasted and applauded! It was very nice!

The next day we awoke to rain! The guys were planning on going golfing and I to the spa! The golfing was cancelled due to the weather :(. Anyway, I headed off to Sarasoga Springs Spa for the Bed of Roses Treatment and a manicure! It was heavenly! By the time I left the Spa, it had stopped raining and the sun was back! I was so relieved! We had a nice quiet lunch in our room at the Poly which was very relaxing because as soon as we finished, chaos started. The phone started ringing and all of our assistants etc. started arriving! My financee got sent next door where his parents were staying in the ajoining room! Carolyn Allens arrived to steam our dresses and deliver the tuxes. Disney Cosm. arrived, Rex and Lisa. They were great by the way! Rex did my hair and makeup and Lisa did my daughters hair and mothers hair! I can't say enough about how great they both were! Some of their wedding stories were very entertaining! My coordinator, Lynn called and asked if I was ready and we would get started! So, it was time! Everything went just beautifully! We even got a rainbow for our wedding! We had STVS for our video and Randy Chapman for our photographer. They were awesome! We're so glad we went with them! Our officiant was Jack Day! He was so sweet! They way he included my daughter in the ceremony was so touching! After our wedding, Lynn surprised us and the "disney touch". It was just so special and magical!

Our limo took all our guests to California Grill while we were finishing with Randy. California Grill gave our guests a hard time about bringing our wedding cake for dessert. They said they would charge us $2.00 per person for serving. The manager was very unpleasant! In the end, they did not charge us. The meal and service was very good! Everyone had a great time! I didn't think the restaurant was all that special! I was thinking perhaps we should have went with Narcosse's. However, everything was very good and our waitress was very attentive! After dinner, we rode around WDW and Celebration in our limo.

Our wedding was just wonderful! All of our vendors were great! Doing the research in selecting all of our vendors really paid off! I can't say enough about getting married at Disney. Weddings are always special but Disney just adds that "Magic" that makes it truly unforgetable!

Your wedding sounded wonderful! My DH and are are planning an intimate vow renewal for next May at Disney. We have already booked Rev. Jack for the ceremony. I just keep hearing such wonderful things about him!

One question I do have, what is the Bed of Roses treatment? It sounds heavenly ans something I may want to try.

Janis

It is a new treatment at Sarasoga Springs Spa (formerly Disney Insitute)! It was a 90 minute massage and treatment with various type of Rose scrubs, oil etc. It is perfect for a wedding as you smell so nice for the wedding! My husband said he could still smell the roses the next few days! They don't want you to shower after the treatment until the next day so take your shower before you go! It was so relaxing! It really is heavenly!
I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter