wedding reception

jordan

Earning My Ears
i'm getting married at the wp december 31 2007 and my reception is at the whitehall gf my question is can i bring in my own candy and jars for a candy buffet??? How much can i do on my own to save money.... the cost is getting way out of hand.:scared1:

Thank you to everyone on the is web site for all the great ideas y'all have being a god send.:thumbsup2

:wizard:

Oh wow that sounds like an awesome New Years Eve party... Will you be ringing in the new year during your reception?:santa:

I'm not sure you would be able to bring in candy... I know Disney has a VERY strict policy on bringing in outside food, not sure if candy actually falls into that rule or not. The best thing would be to check with your planner because it would be a shame to bring it and not be able to use it. That is a very fun idea though, hope they let you do it.

I would think that you would be able to bring in your own jars and stuff like that.

a candy buffet is fabulous! my girlfriend just did that in her wedding in miami!!! i'm having my reception at lss, so i'm not allwoed to bring in outside food, but i really wanted this...i'm going to make assorted candy bags out of cellophane bags and mixed candy and put it in my welcome bags...since you're in a resort location, they might let you have it if it's part of your "favors" for your guests. they are letting me bring in mini wine bottles for my favors...hth

That sounds like a great idea. I had my reception at Boardwalk (can't remember the name of the room). I made cellophane bags filled with candy as favors, asked them to place silk fall leaves around the tables for me as well for added decoration. They seemed pretty open to adding items to the reception that I brought from home. Like others have said check with your planner.

I asked if we could bring candy in for a candy buffet, and I was told no. That was about a 1 1/2 years ago. I am not sure what the current policy is. I would definately check with your WP.

i'm getting married at the wp december 31 2007 and my reception is at the whitehall gf my question is can i bring in my own candy and jars for a candy buffet???

Jordan, I had my Welcome Party at the Grand Floridian and Disney provided the nostalgic candy for one of the buffet tables at my event (including Trick 'or Treat bags). I thought their charge was reasonable -- plus, I didn't have the headache of worrying about transporting my own candy to Florida from the West Coast (where I lived), or the headache of having to set the candy buffet up myself (or find someone to set it up for me). Disney's cost included everything.

Here are a few photos of what Disney did for me:

669084588_7c22f89a37_m.jpg
669084838_bf81f8ed37_m.jpg

668227423_c0a3288181_m.jpg
669085234_1f31a35873_m.jpg

669096584_4a114478c4_m.jpg
669097034_6d2f21365e_m.jpg

There is no way that I could have topped Disney. The nostalgic candy buffet was lovely and I was beyond pleased.

So, don't count Disney out just yet. Ask them for a quote and see what can be done to fit your budget.

i love your candy table ..it really looks awsome. :love:
I guess i should wait and see what they come up with and what the cost is before i start something my self. ( as u know we brides have enough to do without added to it ourselves ):thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the pictures. And thank you to everyone who wrote with ideas.:cheer2:

Jordan, yes, please see what Disney can do for you. Maybe if you give them your "candy buffet" budget ahead of time, it will make it easier on both of your parts.

I don't know if I had the option of bringing in my own candy since my Event Manager suggested that touch to my Welcome Party and I let him run with it. But, honestly, if I had the option, I wouldn't have taken it anyway. I had enough things to worry about between my job, my family, my guests, and my vow renewal events. Adding one more thing to my plate (shopping, shipping, and setting up of a candy buffet) would have put me over the edge. The price that I was quoted from Disney was reasonable, especially when I took everything into account. I gave the "OK" for the nostalgic candy buffet and it turned out beautifully.

I know planning is stressful but try to remember that it can also be fun. We're here if you need to vent! Hang in there!

yes, my reception will turn into a new years eve party at about 11:30 pm. We will have a table set up with all new years eve things...Hats, horns, ect... the party will last untill about 1:30am.
i just want to have the best party ever.:cool1:

I love this idea of a nostalgic candy bar...think it would be great at my son's celebration....wish I found this forum earlier...it is amazing how much info Ihave garnered from you all.

BTW, we will be at the GF on NYE....I will keep my eye out for you! I get such a kick out of seeing the Disney Brides (that and a pang of jelousy, too!)

danielle

Thank you all for the inforamation! I too was thinking of a candy bar, we are having 10+ kids and I thought they would love that-parents will not love me later I'm sure but it' MY day!! I have already been pricing Jars and candy- now I think I will wait until my planning session in January.

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter