Wedding Video

liquidsky88

There's a mouse in the house!
We are in the middle of finding a wedding videographer. We have narrowed it down to three choices. One was Disney, the other was STVS and the last was Tiffany Video Productions. Has anyone used either of the three and what are your suggestions/comments. Thanks for the help! :smooth:

If you are using the pavilion for your wedding, I would highly recommend STVS, or any outside videographer over Disney. Disney videography uses mounted cameras, which are at an odd angle. They look down on you from above, instead of being at eye level to catch all expressions. And I've heard that they are operated by hourly employees, without much training, and that there is high turnover in this department. With our videographer, we know that there are people behind each camera, not one guy working all 3 from a control room. And STVS uses digital broadcast quality cameras, so it is a higher quality camera itself than those mounted in the pavilion. When you get a sample from Disney, make sure you ask for a finished product, not a montage. The montage will be lovely, but not what you'll actually get - they cut their best shots from 3 or 4 weddings and pieced them together. With a sample finished product you'll be able to see the quality of their work, and it doesn't hold up to that of any of the other vendors we looked at.
We picked STVS for several reasons (you can actually read our reasons on www.stvsweddings.com/gallery ). We wanted a reasonably priced videographer. We wanted a videographer that used broadcast quality digital cameras (which Disney doesn't). Disney can make a DVD for you, but since their cameras aren't the broadcast quality digital ones, the DVD quality won't be as nice as those you would get from an outside vendor. We wanted a videographer who could minimize the glare from that big window, which STVS seemed to do. They've now tinted the glass, but it doesn't really help if you're having a daytime wedding, from what Stan has told us. The light is still overpowering.
We definitely made the right choice to go with STVS. Stan & Bonnie were nice, funny, yet unobtrusive on our wedding day.
Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks Heather. We were thinking of STVS Video as our choice. If you don't mind telling, how long did you have them for and at what cost?

Hi! We had STVS for 3 hours, 3 camera coverage, for $600. We could have gotten 3 hour coverage with 2 cameras for $500, but I really wanted a full facial view of Andy, too, not just me, so we paid the extra $100 for that 3rd camera. Well worth the extra money, as it really shows his expressions. The 2 camera coverage tends to get a 1/2 to 3/4 view of the groom, which wasn't enough for me :)
Cheers!
Heather W

I haven't used them yet- but we are using Tiffany Studios for our wedding in May. It is not a Disney wedding. I am a local here in Orlando and I went to Tiffany's studio and was very impressed with his work.
Good luck and congrats on the wedding!

My vote would be STVS also. We haven't used them yet as our wedding is May 1. However, we did alot of research and reference checking and found them to be the best in quality, service, and also more affordable than Disney. Stan is very very friendly and helpful! He has great digital add ons also!

Just wanted to let everyone know we decided to go with STVS video. Stan was very nice to speak with and offered a great service. We had some extra requests that he was more than happy to work with us on. Good luck to everyone else with their video!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter