• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week AFTER Easter week ....

StephPf

Earning My Ears
We just got back. We arrived in Anaheim on the afternoon of Sunday 4/15, stayed at the Fairfield (by Marriot) on Harbor Blvd and spent 3 1/2 days in the resort ....

I cannot say enough about this week. Calm, short lines (10 minutes for Pirates of the Caribbean, 10 minutes for Haunted Mansion, 20 minutes for Indiana Jones ....) and happy staff ... repeatedly saying "spring break is over" (although I'm an east-coaster and it WAS "April Vacation" for my elementary school kids!)

Can you believe three members of my family rode Dumbo and we each had our OWN Dumbo and there were a couple of emtpy ones on our ride :scared1: ... the fourth family member took pics from the side lines :)

Secret: on days when there is "early admission" to Fantasyland an hour before the park opens AND "Early Morning Toontown Madness" when the park opens ... lots of people who go in for early admission, scurry into Toontown at when it opens. If you hold back in Fantasyland, it is VERY quiet ...that's when we did Dumbo, PeterPan, Snow White Mr.Toad and the Carousel ... all in about an hour, w/ my dh who moves very slowly because he's recovering from an accident.

Also, we had a Disney package and purchased Chip and Dale breakfast at the Grand Californian. From there (by showing our itintery) we were able to enter California Adventure at the hotel gate. ... we we entered right at the Grizzly River Raft Ride and got on it ... it was a bit cool and since it was early and people were avoiding the wet ride due to cold ... we rode it FOUR times without getting off. :yay: :woohoo: :thumbsup2 Sure, it was a bit cold, but we're tough New Englanders ... we coped just fine ... after I hid my daughter in a restroom stall and took her "skort" to a sink so I could ring it out. :eek:

It's a great week to be there. Lots of east coast schools are on vacation and I hear Florida was a mob scene. WE combined the trip w/ a visit to relatives so it made sense all around ... but you know, it was so easy, my kids were more than happy w/ the two parks ... our next Disney experience will definitely be west, not south for us! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter