Week away - thoughts on where to stay…..

lundve

DIS Veteran
7 or 8 nights late June

Pondering (but willing to hear any suggestion)
2 BR BRV
2 BR BLT
2 POLY Studios

Traveling Party
Grandma 74 (will likely be staying at resort except for early morning and/or after dinner)
Hubby 46
Me 45
Son 18
Niece 18
Son 16
Son 9

Last edited:
I think it will depend on your sleeping surface needs. If you will need 6 separate sleeping surfaces, I would vote for the 2 Poly studios. However, the 2br BLT will have an extra full bathroom (3 total full baths), so that might be a beneficial to your group. Though each Poly studio has one full bath and a second shower/sink.

If you want a full kitchen and laundry facilities in your unit, BLT or BRV would be the way to go.

Is Grandma pretty mobile or will she be using the pool much? If so, I would maybe vote for BRV, as I think it has a better quiet pool.

Being at Poly or BLT puts you on the monorail, so if Grandma wants to hop on the monorail to go sightseeing, that would be pretty easy for her. However, there are boat options at all of these resorts that she could also take to go for a leisurely boat ride around.

I think it will depend on your sleeping surface needs. If you will need 6 separate sleeping surfaces, I would vote for the 2 Poly studios. However, the 2br BLT will have an extra full bathroom (3 total full baths), so that might be a beneficial to your group. Though each Poly studio has one full bath and a second shower/sink.

If you want a full kitchen and laundry facilities in your unit, BLT or BRV would be the way to go.

Is Grandma pretty mobile or will she be using the pool much? If so, I would maybe vote for BRV, as I think it has a better quiet pool.

Being at Poly or BLT puts you on the monorail, so if Grandma wants to hop on the monorail to go sightseeing, that would be pretty easy for her. However, there are boat options at all of these resorts that she could also take to go for a leisurely boat ride around.
Grandma would be more likely to explore the resort and gift shops than sit by the pool especially in June. She loved when we did AKL 10 years ago. She’s mobile and can do alright but we’d not push her to do the 6-9 miles we can average in a day.

My boys can share if needed, however they loved the real Murphy pull down beds when we stayed in RIV and SSR in 2021.

Last edited:

Question 1. How well do you and hubby sleep in a Queen bed?

Question 2. Will you use a kitchen if you have one?

Question 1. How well do you and hubby sleep in a Queen bed?

Question 2. Will you use a kitchen if you have one?
1. We have a king at home but can sleeping on a queen isn’t a deal breaker.

2. I thought those kitchens were decoration. 😂 I won’t be using it but Grandma could/might. We’d be much more likely to use a washer and dryer with direct access.

2 BR BLT for the win.
> Do not underestimate the value of 3 full BRs. They will literally improve your vacation experience 100% or more.
> Since Granny likes to be an Urban Gift Shop explorer, the monorail will give her easy assess to 2 other resorts. Her quality of life and vacation happiness should be a high priority. Maybe the boat from CR to WL will be back by next June and then she can also visit there.
> IMO, the young-lings will really enjoy BLT proximity to MK and monorail to Epcot.

Either way, enjoy, have fun and stay happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter