Week Before Thanksgiving?

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
I had been kicking around a trip for after Thanksgiving/early December, but because Thanksgiving is so late this year (the 28th) it's throwing things off a bit. I am not looking at the week of November 17 (probably arriving Tuesday and leaving Saturday). Any thoughts on crowds or concerns for that week. We'd definitely do a MVCMP (likely Tuesday) and we want to hit Galaxy's Edge as well. I haven't kept up on procedures for that, but now I have to act relatively quickly.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

I'll be there that week as well. I can't say for sure, but I'm expecting the crowds to be manageable while obviously picking up at the end of the week as it gets closer to Thanksgiving break. I didn't have any problems getting the ADRs I wanted (although I wasn't trying for the hard to gets, like BOG or CRT), and my FP+ day is next Tuesday so I'll see then how successful those go. If it means anything, TP has the crowd levels at an average 5-6 level, with the lowest being a 3 (for the Tuesday) and the highest at a 7 (for 11/23). Of course those can change, but that's where things are right now from my vantage point.

I'll be there that week as well. I can't say for sure, but I'm expecting the crowds to be manageable while obviously picking up at the end of the week as it gets closer to Thanksgiving break. I didn't have any problems getting the ADRs I wanted (although I wasn't trying for the hard to gets, like BOG or CRT), and my FP+ day is next Tuesday so I'll see then how successful those go. If it means anything, TP has the crowd levels at an average 5-6 level, with the lowest being a 3 (for the Tuesday) and the highest at a 7 (for 11/23). Of course those can change, but that's where things are right now from my vantage point.

Okay, not bad. I never plan that far ahead, and never go around that time. It seems the accommodations are constrained so that had me worried. I have to get it all settled by FP time! I appreciate the thoughts.

Im going that week as well, my bday is the 19th. I went that same time in 2014 (Thanksgiving was the next week then, too) and it wasnt too crowded, but very cold.We're from Chicago, so we know cold.The night of MVMCP it was so chilly, some people thought the "snow" was real!!! I got all of my ADRS and my FP day is next week, too. Its a great time because Christmas decor is up but its not crazy crowded...of course in 2014 F&W was over by then, but it ends 11/23 this year, I think. Im not worried.

Im going that week as well, my bday is the 19th. I went that same time in 2014 (Thanksgiving was the next week then, too) and it wasnt too crowded, but very cold.We're from Chicago, so we know cold.The night of MVMCP it was so chilly, some people thought the "snow" was real!!! I got all of my ADRS and my FP day is next week, too. Its a great time because Christmas decor is up but its not crazy crowded...of course in 2014 F&W was over by then, but it ends 11/23 this year, I think. Im not worried.

Thanks! Catching the tail end of Food & Wine makes it even more appealing. Now, I jsut have to decide if I want to spend the dough.

We went last year the week before Thanksgiving and the crowds were pretty good with the exception of the Monday and Tuesday before thanksgiving. On the Monday the MK was especially packed. It was a great trip though with very manageable crowds before that. Only issue we ran into was the haunted mansion got stuck the first time we rode it but they did get it fixed and the ride finished. Big Thunder also broke down and had a long fast pass line but we were able to ride once the line died down some, but hey it happens. We had an incredible time! I also found the MVMCP crowds to be very good and not too crowded. I would say it’s a great time of year to go!

Thanks for your replies, guys. It's official! I am going that week. Got a not too bad a rate at Port Orleans Riverside, so that'll be nice. Now, to get everything planned!

Looks like you're all set, but the only con I see is that the end of Food & Wine may make for a busier than normal weekend. With it ending later than usual, there may be Thanksgiving-traveling families who choose to arrive earlier to catch it. Otherwise, we have been that week in the past and were pretty happy with crowd levels. We did have iffy weather with it being colder than anticipated, so be sure to check the forecast before you go!

Looks like you're all set, but the only con I see is that the end of Food & Wine may make for a busier than normal weekend. With it ending later than usual, there may be Thanksgiving-traveling families who choose to arrive earlier to catch it. Otherwise, we have been that week in the past and were pretty happy with crowd levels. We did have iffy weather with it being colder than anticipated, so be sure to check the forecast before you go!

Well, we are actually only doing Tuesday through Friday (Tuesday MVCMP then 3-Day Park Hoppers). We'll be heading out Saturday, so hopefully we avoid any heavy crowds.

We’ve been going that week every other year for the past ten or so years. I like it because it is typically not very hot, although it can be in the 80s. I also like to watch the Christmas decorations go up as the week unfolds. The crowds are not intense, but it won’t be like it has been the past few weeks. There will be lines and congestion in the park. I always try to avoid the Magic Kingdom the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

It used to be my favorite week for low crowds. Unfortunately there is no such thing as an off season anymore, but historically that was a low crowd week.

Now, I have a consideration - some availability opened up at All-Star Movies, but I had pretty much come to terms with staying at PoR. I mean, it's a bit pricier and and we're not really the types to spend a lot of time in the room/at the resort, which is why I usually do values. My friend seems to want to do it - we'd save about $400 total, so $200 each. Like, that's several meals or one light saber! :teeth:

I do have a question though. The room type says one King bed or one queen and one queen-sized table bed. I've stayed in a renovated room at POP so I know about the table bed. It's fine, but one king will not work for us. Can you choose? I may need to go ask on the resort board, but I thought I'd put it here too since I already have the thread. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter