Week before xmas

aimjay

Earning My Ears
:scared1: Hello Everyone! I booked our trip for Dec. 12-18 and am now worried that we will not enjoy our stay.:confused:We went for the first time last year with our 4 and 7 year old the first week of November and had a fab time due to low crowds.:banana: I have been reading about the horrible crowds over the Holiday and I am worried this may end up being a very bad stay. Has anyone stayed the week before Christmas before? Thanks for any relief to my stress in advance.:santa:

Relax, I am going that week and not stressed. The crowds are LOWER more moderate , NOT DEAD. You will have waits for things, just not awful waits. The really bad crowds do not come in till around Dec 18-19th so things should be fine.

We went during this time in 2008 and it was great. Hardly any wait time on rides. Last year we went the week between Christmas and New Years and that was a different story. Way too many people to enjoy everything.

It will be a memorable time for you and your family.:yay::yay:

I was concerned about that too. We have 16 people in our group, 7 of them kids and some adults not likely to wait for things with grace. We are going Dec. 12-18th also. My husband calmed me down with these words of advice.
"Honey, it's Disney World. Sometimes we wait an hour for a ride, sometimes we walk right on. The kids are often good, but sometimes really bad. Some people are rude, some people are nice and some people have a good time no matter whats going on. I'd like to think we fall into the last group. Relax."

and so I have been relaxed about it. I think he's right. We've gone when it's been crammed pack and still had a nice time. I do hope it's not too full low. It is value season and the public educated children are still in school so it should be okay.

Either way we are going to all have such a great time. I hear you can feel the Christmas spirit in the air that time of year. :cloud9:

:santa:Thanks for the words of wisdom. I quess Im just a big worry wort. I am sure it will be just terrific. It is Disney!!!:banana::banana::banana:
I could be at home in PA in freezing cold weather. Oh by the way how was the weather that week?

I'm going the 12th - 18th also. I've been that week once before (a long time ago) and remember the crowds really picking up around the 21st-23rd. We've also been mid Nov, before Thanksgiving and also after Thanksgiving.

My plan is to hit the parks hard early in the week, in case we see crowds get heavier by the 17th - I will have done most of my heavy touring.

Be sure to ride the monorail and visit the resorts to see the Christmas decorations. At the contemporary, you can hop on a boat to Wilderness Lodge and see their decorations also. My family has always enjoyed that - it's almost a tradition for us!

No you'll do fine. As posted by a lot of people above, it's not bad at all. The crowds are easy to deal with during that time. I think you just narrowly miss all the holiday comers.
Make sure to come post some pictures ok! :goodvibes

We're also there that week - yay! We picked it intentionally so that it would be BEFORE the big holiday rush. I think we can trust that Disney, in making this the tail end of the Value Season, checked into the crowd patterns. So we're gonna be fine! And, like the others said, even if we have some waits, that will be part of the fun!:dance3: See you there!

i am a little concerned because of free dining that week, and the 4/3 deals available. But i was fortunate enough to get free dining, so i can't complain. We are there for 5 days and luckily we have been before so no pressure to get everything in.

:santa::santa::santa: I am so glad you guys are so nice. I feel so much better. I was to Disney in October 2008 for the first time with my family and so I suppose it will be a little less pressure but as I clearly seen last year, There is no way to do it all :rotfl: :dance3::santa:

We are also going to be down there that week!! I have read though that there is going to be some kind of expo there that week now :( That may cause the crowds to increase. But let's hope not!! Can't wait to see WDW decorated for Christmas!!

We are also going to be down there that week!! I have read though that there is going to be some kind of expo there that week now :( That may cause the crowds to increase. But let's hope not!! Can't wait to see WDW decorated for Christmas!!

Just checked the UG crowd predictor..The numbers dropped to all 4/5 that week EXCEPT FOR WED ,DEC 16th...That went up to an 8:scared1:

We'll be there during this same week. Last year it wasn't bad at all. I would rate the crowds at a 6.
For us, it was a perfect time to go.

My wife and I go every year at the latter part of this time (18th-23rd). Last year was the busiest I remember ever seeing it during this time, and it still wasn't too bad. I think the longest thing we waited for was Soarin', and it is long anytime you go. On our marathon night last year (MK opened at 8a-2a), it was so cold that by 11pm, there was hardly anyone in the park. I have a picture of me standing on Main Street in front of the hub with a COMPLETELY unobstructed view of the castle!!!

It is wonderful that week! Crowds are not bad and it is all dressed up for the holidays. We will be there too! CAN'T WAIT. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter