Week of March 6th MK closes at 8:00 every night? UPDATE: 11:00 PM NOW

Oh wow I didn’t even notice that, that is weird seeing that is the start of spring break season. We are in MK on the 7th and 11th with non park ADRs at 5:30 both those nights and planned to go back for Enchantment after. I hope it changes.

It is kind of strange. I thought they might announce a change soon for the March hours, BUT for the evening deluxe extended hours at Magic Kingdom, it's 9-11p.m. the week before and after, but for March 9th, it's 8-10. So, seems pretty set in stone that it will close at 8.

It is kind of strange. I thought they might announce a change soon for the March hours, BUT for the evening deluxe extended hours at Magic Kingdom, it's 9-11p.m. the week before and after, but for March 9th, it's 8-10. So, seems pretty set in stone that it will close at 8.

View attachment 647845

And that would make sense for the one day but it’s the whole week.

As I was planning and first checked, I just looked at our week and thought I'm sure that will change. Checked again last night and saw no change, so then I started checking other dates, weeks, then the whole month and thought what the heck? :oops:

They usually increase the MK and AK by an hour 2-3 weeks ahead of where they are presently. My hours for the first week in March just changed yesterday. I would expect yours to change towards the beginning of next week.

Check again Friday afternoon. That's when they have been releasing park hour extensions on a rolling basis. If it follows the same pattern, the week of March 6 should come out this Friday. It's been happening sometime between 2pm-6pm ET each week, usually closer to 3pm/4pm.

They usually increase the MK and AK by an hour 2-3 weeks ahead of where they are presently. My hours for the first week in March just changed yesterday. I would expect yours to change towards the beginning of next week.
What time was MK closing your week before they changed? I see it's 9:00 now.

If it stays closing at 8 would they still have fireworks at that time? First time going since Enchantment started and heading to MK Friday that week and was hoping to see the new show in person. Thanks.

If it stays closing at 8 would they still have fireworks at that time? First time going since Enchantment started and heading to MK Friday that week and was hoping to see the new show in person. Thanks.

Yes. Disney Enchantment still runs at 8pm the week of March 6. It switches to 9pm the following week due to Daylight Savings Time, which is why Magic Kingdom's default closing time is at 9pm beginning that week and beyond. Up until March 6, the default closing time is/was 8pm. Closing time will likely be extended by this Friday, but the fireworks will remain at 8pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter