Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I don't know what the answer is, but there ought to be some way to reward online members who reach their goals. I understand that some people would lie, but there has to be a way.

What would work would be for new online members to have to weigh in once at a meeting in order to get an official weight and then when they believe they've reached their goal, they would go back in again to make it official goal reading. I wonder if WW has considered that?

Blame it on your parents, lol. I did when I had a gain after visiting them. But I also was able to call them back the following week and tell them that what I gained was gone. I'm sure you will be able to do the same. Just set your mind to it this week and drink drink drink.

I blame them to :rotfl: I am sure this week will be a different story. I will just have to be extra careful on what I eat.

sherry7 said:
Hello all. I just joined this morning, and day 1 went great! I have 30 lbs to lose.

I ran across a salad dressing recipe on Pinterest that is very good! I checked it in the Recipe Builder for the points. Here goes:

Homemade Greek Ranch Dressing

1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
1 packet dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix

Whisk all 3 ingredients together. Store in a glass jar. Gets thicker after an hour or so in the fridge. The ENTIRE recipe is 5 points. 2 tablespoons is 0 points. 4 tablespoons is 1 point.

Oh!! That sounds great! I love ranch dressing and the FF stuffed is always yucky.

What would work would be for new online members to have to weigh in once at a meeting in order to get an official weight and then when they believe they've reached their goal, they would go back in again to make it official goal reading. I wonder if WW has considered that?

That would be great! I lost 40 pounds online a year ago and would have loved to be Lifetime, but understand that isn't part of OL membership.

I ran across a salad dressing recipe on Pinterest that is very good! I checked it in the Recipe Builder for the points. Here goes:

1/2 cup skim milk

Whisk all 3 ingredients together. Store in a glass jar. Gets thicker after an hour or so in the fridge. The ENTIRE recipe is 5 points. 2 tablespoons is 0 points. 4 tablespoons is 1 point.

I can hardly wait to try this ~ thanks so much for sharing!

Hello all. I just joined this morning, and day 1 went great! I have 30 lbs to lose.

1/2 cup skim milk

I've got all the ingredients, yeah! Thanks for sharing and I can't believe I missed this on Pinterest.

Todays WI was a bummer with a gain of .8, but I know it's from the extra slice of pizza I had at lunch and the shorter walk I did and both on the same day. Full speed ahead today with a jog and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (wk 1, day 4) done already.

Hope everyone has a good week ahead!

The only way around this is to have your doctor write a note stating what he thinks an acceptable weight is for you.

Yep, this is probably what DH is going to have to do, as I think he'd have to take off a limb to hit 180. Alas, it means he cannot be a WW leader, because they require that you be at "real" goal level. :( Hopefully that'll change in the next year or two, because he would be a FABULOUS leader!

No, it doesn't. From some of the community board postings, some onliners have posted that they lose weight while online up until they're 10 pounds or so from their goal weight, and then join meetings just to get to lifetime from there.

I see their point, but not sure how I feel about it.

If I were an online only member, I'd do it. Some locations require 10, but others only require 5. After all, to *join* WW you only have to be 5 lbs over your minimum allowed WW weight. I like that they recognize that catching a gain early is good! If only I'd caught mine back then, LOL.

Then once I was inside that range, I'd join the meetings, pay for the meetings to make Lifetime, and then show up for the meetings to keep getting the etools voucher. I like having Lifetimers at meetings; they are an inspiration for me!

Hello I joined weight watchers in January and have lost 31.8 pounds.

Congratulations!!!

I can't be that complicated. :rotfl2: I just keep figuring 5% based on my original weight. I was actually kind of disappointed when I found out that they don't celebrate percents after reaching the 10% when I reached 15% so my leader said we would celebrate any way. :) 20% is just around the corner.

I don't care what they say, I'll be celebrating when I hit my 20%. I'm even going to give myself one of my old 10% keychains back. :)

Though actually, our leader loves the repeat stuff, so I know she'll be happy to celebrate every 10%. For instance, I don't know if it's a thing that she does on her own or if it's WW's thing, but she gives out the 16 week clapping hands charms for every 16 weeks you do. While that's my least fave charm, and I'd rather collect 5K charms (they are silver-tone and therefore prettier to my eyes), I'll take whatever they give us!

Hubby hit the 30 pound mark yesterday! Even after a week of travel in Dallas, eating TexMex! Congrats to DH! It won't be that long until he finally hits his 10%, for the first time ever. I'm so proud of him. :dance3::lovestruc:cool1:

I was in Disney the week of August 13 for work. I am a travel agent and went down to check out some of the resorts at Walt Disney. I walked over 10 miles each day and came back gaining 1.4 pounds. This past week when I got weighed in I lost 2.8.

Well, day #2 is done! I'm glad that I started on a Saturday morning, so I kind of got into the swing of things, before starting a work week. My breakfast, lunch, and snacks are all packed for tomorrow.

sherry7 said:
Well, day #2 is done! I'm glad that I started on a Saturday morning, so I kind of got into the swing of things, before starting a work week. My breakfast, lunch, and snacks are all packed for tomorrow.

Good for you! I always felt being prepared was a huge part of being successful. It's too easy to go off plan if you don't have food ready to go.

1/2 cup skim milk

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!:cool1: Thanks so much for sharing - I love Pinterest. Founds several blogs with great WW recipes.

Has anyone tried the laughing cow cream cheese? I got both the cinnamon and strawberry and they are good! Plus only 1 pt per wedge

I bought this accidentally (it was with the other light cheeses) and got the garden vegetable. It's good, but I can't tell the difference between that and the other LC cheese I usually get.

I just had a wedge today on my English muffin, topped with egg beaters microwaved with veggie seasoning and onions. I really need to go to the store -- we have no deli meat, so the sandwich probably won't outlast my hunger to lunch.

But for lunch I have some WONDERFUL soup I made with a frozen turkey carcass yesterday....mmmmm.....

Hello everyone. I was down 3.2 at yesterday's WI, so I dropped the 0.8 I had gained last week, thank goodness...and this week I got to 25 lbs lost so far so I'm very excited about that. Still a LONG way to go, but I'm pretty happy with hitting that first milestone.

That salad dressing recipe sounds good. I'm terrible about getting my dairy servings in, maybe this will help!! Thank you for sharing!

Have a great day everyone!
Brooke

Hello everyone!

I am new to this thread, so I thought I'd say hi. I formerly did ww while my husband was deployed about 2 years ago and was really successfull at it. When he came home it all when to heck :rolleyes: I have tried to get back on it a few times and have really struggled. So here I am, trying again. I'm hoping that by participating in these boards it will help keep me motivated. Thanks in advance to all of you for being here and being supportive!

Welcome JavArmy! This is a really supportive and helpful thread - jump right in!

I had WI today, and lost 2.4 pounds (better than a maintain like last time!). I'm two pounds from my first 5% loss...maybe by next week!

I will just keep tracking :). Good luck everyone!

Welcome JavArmy! This is a really supportive and helpful thread - jump right in!

I had WI today, and lost 2.4 pounds (better than a maintain like last time!). I'm two pounds from my first 5% loss...maybe by next week!

I will just keep tracking :). Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the welcome! I kinda porked out on breakfast this morning and didn't have too many points left for dinner, but I controlled myself. Now to the hardest part of the day for me...not snacking while sitting and watching tv...gonna go grab a piece of gum and hope for the best!

How does everyone keep their zero point stuff in check? I think I'm getting carried away with the fruit and like tonight I have a lot of points left because I think I went overboard on too much fruit (and my belly is paying the price!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter