Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

How does everyone keep their zero point stuff in check? I think I'm getting carried away with the fruit and like tonight I have a lot of points left because I think I went overboard on too much fruit (and my belly is paying the price!).

I usualy have no more than 3 portions of fruits per day.

*sigh* So I did not do good with my sancking last night. 2 things contributed to this. One, I was sitting there for a while, chewing my gum, and my husband decided he wanted to munch. I survived for a little bit, but eventually caved in. It would have helped if I had some fruit on hand, but we don't get paid until thursday, therefore no groceries, hence no fruit. Number 2 thing working against me is that my fahter-in-law called to complain about my brother-in-law. At this point any time my fil calls it stresses me out and when i'm stressed I tend to eat it away. So, short story long, I had an evening snack (okay, some evening snacks), but i'm hoping that by confessing my sins on here I will be less likely to do it.

On a good note, after finnishing off the crackers my husband was eating, I thought about getting up and getting more to eat, and I didn't. So I guess that was a small victory.;)

How does everyone keep their zero point stuff in check? I think I'm getting carried away with the fruit and like tonight I have a lot of points left because I think I went overboard on too much fruit (and my belly is paying the price!).

Still new on the Points Plus, so I hesitate to offer advice. My leader reiterates every week - zero points is not free. Once I meet all of my daily fruit / veggie goals for the day, I'm done, unless it's a case of fruit or something worse!

lovesmurfs said:
Still new on the Points Plus, so I hesitate to offer advice. My leader reiterates every week - zero points is not free. Once I meet all of my daily fruit / veggie goals for the day, I'm done, unless it's a case of fruit or something worse!

I need to start measuring. My biggest problem is walking past the bowl of grapes and grabbing some every single time and then eating fruit with my meals. I need to measure it out for the day or something.

Hi everyone! I am back from an 11-day trip to France. I have to say that Paris is a pretty uncomfortable place for an overweight person. In the US I wear a size 14 which is the average size for US women. In Paris everyone, and I mean everyone, is thin. Disneyland Paris was no better. My DH and I were among the biggest people there ... I would say that 90% of the people were significantly thinner. Very, very depressing for me. I felt like a grosse vache.

To make matter worse, these people eat like horses! Most restaurants had a "set menu" (like at Le Chefs in Epcot) which included app & entree, entree & dessert or app, entree & dessert plus a beverage. There is no "diet" food anywhere. No "light" salad dressings, no low-carb or low fat, and very few vegetarian options. They have diet coke and that's it. Bread is served and eaten with every meal. There are pastries and sweets available everywhere and the cheese department at the Monoprix (think French Target) made me drool. Most people have beer or wine with both lunch and dinner.

I tried to eat a dinner salad once a day, I walked until my feet were sore, I climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and to the top of the Notre Dame Cathedral and I STILL gained weight. *sigh*

We stayed in Strasbourg for 4 days which is on the border of France and Germany. The Germans are more like me ;) and I felt less like a fette kuh. We drove across the border into the Black Forest and swam in a mountain resort lake in Titisee. Thank goodness for the Germans since I wouldn't have worn my swimsuit in front of a bunch of skinny French people!

Anyway ... I still had a good time. Everyone was very nice. France and Germany were both wonderful.

I'll be back completely on track with WW after Labor Day. I'm going to Chicago for the World Science Fiction Convention over the weekend and I find traveling and dieting to be very difficult. I think when I return I will "restart" my initial weight so I can see some success and some stickers in the fall.

Hi everyone! I am back from an 11-day trip to France. I have to say that Paris is a pretty uncomfortable place for an overweight person. In the US I wear a size 14 which is the average size for US women. In Paris everyone, and I mean everyone, is thin. Disneyland Paris was no better. My DH and I were among the biggest people there ... I would say that 90% of the people were significantly thinner. Very, very depressing for me. I felt like a grosse vache.

To make matter worse, these people eat like horses! Most restaurants had a "set menu" (like at Le Chefs in Epcot) which included app & entree, entree & dessert or app, entree & dessert plus a beverage. There is no "diet" food anywhere. No "light" salad dressings, no low-carb or low fat, and very few vegetarian options. They have diet coke and that's it. Bread is served and eaten with every meal. There are pastries and sweets available everywhere and the cheese department at the Monoprix (think French Target) made me drool. Most people have beer or wine with both lunch and dinner.

I tried to eat a dinner salad once a day, I walked until my feet were sore, I climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and to the top of the Notre Dame Cathedral and I STILL gained weight. *sigh*

We stayed in Strasbourg for 4 days which is on the border of France and Germany. The Germans are more like me ;) and I felt less like a fette kuh. We drove across the border into the Black Forest and swam in a mountain resort lake in Titisee. Thank goodness for the Germans since I wouldn't have worn my swimsuit in front of a bunch of skinny French people!

Anyway ... I still had a good time. Everyone was very nice. France and Germany were both wonderful.

I'll be back completely on track with WW after Labor Day. I'm going to Chicago for the World Science Fiction Convention over the weekend and I find traveling and dieting to be very difficult. I think when I return I will "restart" my initial weight so I can see some success and some stickers in the fall.

I bet it is all of the walking they do every day. As Americans we are used to just driving everywhere. I like Germany myself. I find they are more like us. I am glad that you had a wonderful time!

I was in France for about 3 days when I was in highschool, before I was really at my worst, and I can remember feeling really fat there. The thing that sticks out in my head is that their chairs were so much smaller so it made my butt feel HUGE!! Glad you felt more at ease in Germany! I would love to go to Germany sometime. My plan is to win the lottery and do Adventures By Disney in Germany :rotfl2: Maybe someday....Anyhow, good luck with the rest of the traveling, I know that can be hard, but at least you are trying your best! Imagine how bad it would be if you totally let loose, so at least you are not too far gone!;)

I was in France for about 3 days when I was in highschool, before I was really at my worst, and I can remember feeling really fat there. The thing that sticks out in my head is that their chairs were so much smaller so it made my butt feel HUGE!! Glad you felt more at ease in Germany! I would love to go to Germany sometime. My plan is to win the lottery and do Adventures By Disney in Germany :rotfl2: Maybe someday....Anyhow, good luck with the rest of the traveling, I know that can be hard, but at least you are trying your best! Imagine how bad it would be if you totally let loose, so at least you are not too far gone!;)

My dream is also to win the lottery and do all of the ABD trip and take a whole bunch of DCL cruises. Of course I need to play the lottery.

My dream is also to win the lottery and do all of the ABD trip and take a whole bunch of DCL cruises. Of course I need to play the lottery.

I have the issue of needing to play as well. Here's what I figure...If I'm lucky enough to win, i'm also lucky enough to find a winning ticket laying on the sidewalk with no one else in sight. That's my plan at least!:lmao:

I have the issue of needing to play as well. Here's what I figure...If I'm lucky enough to win, i'm also lucky enough to find a winning ticket laying on the sidewalk with no one else in sight. That's my plan at least!:lmao:

That is very true. I should play once a month. That way if I meant to win then at least I help my chances. I want to travel! Well, after I get the weight down!

Weigh-in day...I am down 1.4 pounds, 69.2 over all! I have 47 pounds to go.

Again, you inspire me! :thumbsup2

I had WI today, and lost 2.4 pounds (better than a maintain like last time!). I'm two pounds from my first 5% loss...maybe by next week!

I will just keep tracking :). Good luck everyone!

Yep, keep on tracking. You'll get there before you know it.

*sigh* So I did not do good with my sancking last night. 2 things contributed to this. One, I was sitting there for a while, chewing my gum, and my husband decided he wanted to munch. I survived for a little bit, but eventually caved in. It would have helped if I had some fruit on hand, but we don't get paid until thursday, therefore no groceries, hence no fruit. Number 2 thing working against me is that my fahter-in-law called to complain about my brother-in-law. At this point any time my fil calls it stresses me out and when i'm stressed I tend to eat it away. So, short story long, I had an evening snack (okay, some evening snacks), but i'm hoping that by confessing my sins on here I will be less likely to do it.

On a good note, after finnishing off the crackers my husband was eating, I thought about getting up and getting more to eat, and I didn't. So I guess that was a small victory.;)

One thing that helps me is to brush my teeth. Seriously! My mouth feels so fresh after brushing that I don't want to ruin it with food.

Had my WI after week 1. Down 2.8 lbs.

Good for you! :cool1:

Hello everyone. I was down 3.2 at yesterday's WI, so I dropped the 0.8 I had gained last week, thank goodness...and this week I got to 25 lbs lost so far so I'm very excited about that. Still a LONG way to go, but I'm pretty happy with hitting that first milestone.

I love reaching those milestones. Congrats on losing 25 lbs. :wish25

(Ok, I have to be honest and say I really don't know what DIS Wish is, but this looks like a celebrating losing 25 lbs smilie, so I am using it.)

WI today. Down 1.6 lbs for a total of 18! They also took one of my daily points today but I have a hard time eating all of them so I'm good with that. Lol! Plus now I've got AP as well although I haven't used them yet. Knowing they are there is comforting. :)

Some of the girls at work are trying to convince me to do a 5k in April. It's a walk-run so I'm thinking about it. Hope everyone is having a great week!

WI on Sat but forgot to post here. Down 1.6, grand total so far is 26.8.
33.2ish more to go. I say "ish" because I don't really know what my goal is / should be yet. I know about where I want it to be but it's give or take 5 lbs at this point (in the downward not upward direction-- ie it could be 38.2 more to go). I think I've got awhile before I need to pinpoint it. :rotfl2:

Shiny - congratulations! Great first week loss! I attend meetings with a good friend, who is losing much faster than me - it can be hard. But just remember, we are going in the right direction, and we will succeed! Some leaders say it is better to lose slowly, as it tends to be more permanent. :)

Keep up the good work everyone!

Any loss is a triumph and staying the same is an accomplishment! A gain is a learning experience... we are all doing this for the long term... not a quick fix! :thumbsup2

Down 1.6 today after a tough couple of weeks coming off from vacation. I had weighed myself at home and my scale must be off because it said I had gained 11 lbs! I was freaking out! Happy to have lost!

Down 1.6 today after a tough couple of weeks coming off from vacation. I had weighed myself at home and my scale must be off because it said I had gained 11 lbs! I was freaking out! Happy to have lost!

:lmao: Nice surprise, I guess! Congratulations!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter