• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Ok, so I'm going to try to started AGAIN. I've been thinking about it for months and that's as far as it goes. Other than making excuses anyway. Last year I lost 27 lbs before fall set in and school started back up. Now I have graduated and will be starting a new job in August. Theoretically I should have more time. Either way I need to just step up and do it. Beginning is always more difficult for me due to the planning stages. I'm definitely a convenience kind of gal. It will be tough, but I just need to start.

I wish there was a Friday or Saturday weigh in! In my town there are 2 meetings on Thursday, 9:30am and 5:30am. I only have to drive about 2 or 3 miles to get to it. There is a Saturday morning meeting about 30 minutes away, but it's at 8:30am, and I really don't want to go to that one.

Ick, that is early. We decided to run away to Vancouver BC yesterday, so we'll have a 9:30 weighin instead of our normal 10:30. Not enjoying that idea much. :)

I lost 1.4 this week! I think using myfitnesspal.com helped me stay on track. I was more aware of my calories and sugar in take. So that brings me to to a total of 41 lbs lost!

Woo!

Wow! Inspirational for sure! I stared WW because by 20W sized pants were getting too tight, and I refused to go up another size (since I've been going up sizes seemingly forever). I like hearing your story - thanks for that! Happily, a few weeks in, the pants aren't as tight for me now. Off to a baseball game and fireworks for the evening. Happy 4th, everyone!

Thanks! Just today I was looking at my legs in my cute new "boyfriend jeans" from Old Navy and I nearly started to cry because my legs look SO different. I have pointy knees. It's been a LONG time since I had pointy knees.

Ok, so I'm going to try to started AGAIN. I've been thinking about it for months and that's as far as it goes. Other than making excuses anyway. Last year I lost 27 lbs before fall set in and school started back up. Now I have graduated and will be starting a new job in August. Theoretically I should have more time. Either way I need to just step up and do it. Beginning is always more difficult for me due to the planning stages. I'm definitely a convenience kind of gal. It will be tough, but I just need to start.

Yay! Welcome back to WW!

Well, it is hot as heck here, and this is the day I decide DH and I need to go walking. I'm glad I got some exercise though, and I earned 3 activity points. :cool1: Wow, it is hot out!! And, since I'm doing WW online, I don't have the nice books to read with all the tips and instructions...but should I really eat my activity points? Seems strange.

And, since I'm doing WW online, I don't have the nice books to read with all the tips and instructions...but should I really eat my activity points? Seems strange.

There's no real *should*, it's just based on what you want to do and what works for you.

People with more time and brain cells than I have found the algorithms for the PointsPlus calculations, and at the very very very heart of things, the really basic "in a pinch if you have absolutely no other info whatsoever" calories-per-point calcuation is approximately 40 calories per PP. For Activity Points, it works out to 80 calories BURNED per PP you eat. So you burn 80 calories for one AP, and get to eat 40 calories for that one AP.

Make sense? You're still at a deficit; just not as much of one.

For me, since I do things like jogging, eating the APs (so funny to say "eating APs" on a Disney board) is the difference between fainting and not fainting. The difference between a strong workout and a "meh" workout.

My husband does NOT eat APs; he just likes to know what he's earning.

It's just up to what you want to do and, once you try (if you try) IF it works for you. :)

We probably should have skipped WI today. On the 4th at about 1pm we decided to run away to Vancouver BC. Where we proceeded to eat crepes and street vendor veggie -dogs, and not eat enough fruits and veggies, and not drink enough water. And walk and walk and walk and walk some more. (who goes to Vancouver and comes home sunburned? ME, that's who. Ugh.)

Water retention and extra food in the belly resulted in a nearly 4 pound rise on the scale for me at the Vancouver meeting we went to. I just had to laugh at myself. I had to reassure the WW employee that it was OK. :) Poor hubby, he forgot his diuretic (a prescription which he normally takes for other reasons) and he can retain water like no one else, and he had a WAY worse weigh-in. Poor guy. Took him about 7 hours to get over it emotionally. "it's just water, it's just water, it's just water, the body cannot make that much fat inside of ONE week, it's just water, it's just water...."

Probably better if we'd just skipped the WI. :headache:

Then again, I got a good laugh over me being 3.6 lbs up. :3dglasses

Having HOME dinner today felt good, I'll say that!

Hi all!! I just started WW two weeks ago.. Today I start my 3rd week. I weighed in this am and I'm down three total (yay?), but I'm disappointed. I'm being so careful and on top of things I started running again. I ran 24 miles the past two weeks at a 12/min mile... Isn't three pounds not so much? I'm trying to tell myself that it's a loss and be proud, but I can't help being disappointed. I know this is not an overnight process-- it's just frustrating. Lol.

Oh and just to add... I'm not eating my activity points...I just love seeing them add up lol:)

Hi all!! I just started WW two weeks ago.. Today I start my 3rd week. I weighed in this am and I'm down three total (yay?), but I'm disappointed. I'm being so careful and on top of things I started running again. I ran 24 miles the past two weeks at a 12/min mile... Isn't three pounds not so much? I'm trying to tell myself that it's a loss and be proud, but I can't help being disappointed. I know this is not an overnight process-- it's just frustrating. Lol.

I started 3 weeks ago as well. I had a huge loss my first week (11lbs) and last week had a small loss (.8). But last week I started to exercise. I was disappointed with such a small loss. DH reminded me that WW was built to lose slowly for 1 and that I was likely building some muscle for 2. As long as its a negative on the scale and not a positive, I'm a happy girl! Good luck to you and great job on those 3lbs gone!

Week 3 update:

Lost 1.8lbs for a total weight loss of 13.6.

What worked this week:
Exercise! I set a goal for myself of doing some type of movement at least 5 days this week and adding a second workout 2-3 days. I met my goal! Sunday we took a family walk. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday I did a workout video and rode the stationary bike. Wednesday I just did the stationary bike. No exercise on Fri or Sat.

What didn't work this week:
Food...again. I felt a little less in control this week. My cousins birthday was Wednesday and I had a huge piece of cake and 2 scoops of ice cream ( although I counted and planned for it). I felt like having that just sent me over the edge a bit. My aunt sent cake home for DH and DSSs and I ended up eating a piece (once again accounting for it). I also hit the snack machine at work one afternoon. I made a good choice (Smartfood popcorn) but I wasn't hungry and there was no reason I needed that snack. I also had a hard time again eating all of my points on some days so I need to work on that.

Goal for this week:
Continue the double exercise for 5 days this week. Plan my days food out the night before or morning of. Eating more frequently to work on eating all of my points.

I started 3 weeks ago as well. I had a huge loss my first week (11lbs) and last week had a small loss (.8). But last week I started to exercise. I was disappointed with such a small loss. DH reminded me that WW was built to lose slowly for 1 and that I was likely building some muscle for 2. As long as its a negative on the scale and not a positive, I'm a happy girl! Good luck to you and great job on those 3lbs gone!

Great job!!! Sounds like you have a good grasp on your strengths and weaknesses. Keep up the awesome work and good luck with your exercise goals-- u are doing awesome!!!

Every time I change or increase my activity, I lose less, maintain, or gain a bit. Totally normal for many of us.

And after that very big first week loss, it makes a lot of sense to have a smaller one. Would have made sense to maintain or even gain just a bit, too.

I"m not one to say "women don't gain that much muscle", because I *DO*, and at the Y I'm becoming friends with other naturally muscular women who probably weigh far more than one would think because of that muscle, but in two weeks, you're just getting started with muscle.

It's far more likely, at this point, that your muscles are starting the process of getting stronger, and muscle uses water to help heal them; that water is in the muscle fiber cells, which is water weight. Totally and completely normal to hold on to extra water during that muscle healing process.

See what I said above..

3 total is awesome! We need to expect an AVERAGE of .5-2 lbs per week. That's an average. Some people will lose slower, some will lose faster. I bet that most of us do both, over the time we're in the losing process. Many men will lose faster, many women will lose slower. etc. We just need to stick with the plan and see what our own tendencies are. :)

Update on DH: he's lost 3 pounds since we got home yesterday. Silly water retention. :) It's ankle-bone-watch 2013 for both of us, as we undo our weekend. :goodvibes

Editing to add: DH is now 6 pounds down since getting home yesterday. Wowza.

ETA again: he's now 7 lbs down. He's happier, but highly disturbed that he can put on that much water in 3 days of forgetting his diuretic.

bumbershoot said:
3 total is awesome! We need to expect an AVERAGE of .5-2 lbs per week. That's an average. Some people will lose slower, some will lose faster. I bet that most of us do both, over the time we're in the losing process. Many men will lose faster, many women will lose slower. etc. We just need to stick with the plan and see what our own tendencies are. :)

Update on DH: he's lost 3 pounds since we got home yesterday. Silly water retention. :) It's ankle-bone-watch 2013 for both of us, as we undo our weekend. :goodvibes

Thanks!! :)

Hi everyone! So happy I found this thread! I just joined WW yesterday! Today I think I did ok, I stayed with in my points, didn't use any extra. I also walked so I got activity points. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. My daughter and I are going to Disney World in June next year, the heat really bothers me here in PA, so I know it will be worse in Fl! Hopefully losing this weight will help me feel better. I have been carrying it around too long. Hope for some support and tips!

Hi everyone! So happy I found this thread! I just joined WW yesterday! Today I think I did ok, I stayed with in my points, didn't use any extra. I also walked so I got activity points. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. My daughter and I are going to Disney World in June next year, the heat really bothers me here in PA, so I know it will be worse in Fl! Hopefully losing this weight will help me feel better. I have been carrying it around too long. Hope for some support and tips!

Welcome!

Be sure to read your materials; there's a lot packed into those booklets (or places on the website if you didn't join meetings)! Things like the Good Health Guidelines, talking about Weekly and Activity points, etc. Good stuff!

The heat is SO much easier to deal with with less weight. I can strongly attest to that. It just makes everything you do easier, from walking to standing to tying shoes, etc.

jpmom97 said:

Welcome and best wishes to you on your journey! :)

DH had his regular sleep apnea appointment today and found out he's lost over 50 lbs since he got the machine. He got the machine a bit before joining WW, and lost around 7 lbs almost immediately after getting the machine. (oxygen while sleeping helps, it seems) Sure made him feel good!

And he has lost 7 lbs since the last time he was there, about 2 months ago. He's been feeling really bummed about his progress, as he is definitely on the sllloooooowwwww losing track, but having these appointments show him that he is, no matter how slowly, still losing. :)

He's definitely loving WW right now. :thumbsup2

We finally got another battery for our scale and I was able to see my actual weight this morning. I like having a digital scale but it definitely has it's drawbacks. I knew my weight was going to be up, but I still haven't gained all that I lost last year, so I'm taking that as a positive thing.

I'm trying to get back in the groove but I'm struggling with sides for dinner. I love vegetables but am bored with the same old things every night and so is my family. I used to make lots of pasta/macaroni salads but have been avoiding pasta. I get my fruit in during the day. Any suggestions for how to spruce up the flavor?

Hi! I'm new to this thread. I just rejoined WW today. I have had success in the past with the program. The only problem is that we are going on vacation on Friday. I am 20 lbs overweight and I have a suspected fatty liver and high cholesterol. I don't want to gain weight on vacation, hence the terrible timing. lol We will be going to the West Coast and spending a few days at DL. Can anyone point me in the direction of using WW at DL? If anyone has counted points at DL, I would be grateful for any advice or suggestions.

Thanks!

Tonight is my first weigh in! I'm so nervous!! I've never been this nervous about weighing. (In all my times doing Weight Watchers previously)
I think it's because I'm so desperate to get my quality of life back!!

I had a shocking gain this week -- 5.4 lbs! Add that to .6 last week. I am back to just 80 off instead of 87. I am figuring that these past two months (since mid-May) are my plateau and I just need to keep on keeping on.

We were in WV last week so I did expect a bit of a gain. But dh wasn't able to do the amount of hiking I had planned to do, so less activity than I had hoped. I did do two nice early morning walks alone, even encountered a skunk on one, lol.

I did have a NSV in WV that I am very excited about. We took the path to Blackwater Falls. It is 214 steps down -- and of course that means 214 steps back up. There are three rest areas and during every trip over the last 30 years, I have hit those rest areas. This time, I went straight from the bottom to the top with no break! Dh was amazed. But I think I was even more amazed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter