weighted blankets ?

Some strange but effective sleep aids -

* one nostril breathing. Note not the yoga breathing. You do not switch sides. It does not matter which side you choose to block with your finger, just do not switch sides. Do in and out ten times. Apparently this balances the brain for sleep.

*fake yawning. Do at least ten times.

*there is a pressure point for sleep inside of the wrist. Middle area - wrist just below base of hand ie. Not too far down. Press there and/or tape something heavy ie. Coin. I don't think it is a specific side but google just in case.

Never tried the third because number one is gold, for me.

Hope it helps someone. Happy sleeping!

Mine is 15 pounds and it is HEAVY for me to lug around as a lump. I read somewhere that you should get one that is 10%??? of your body weight. (Check on that...it has been awhile since I have researched them.) I can't imagine having to move one any heavier than what I have. You think 15 pounds doesn't sound like much until you are trying to drag that thing around in the morning to make your bed.
[/QUOTE

So I found this. Assuming it’s standard info. Yes, you are right 15 lbs is too much. It does sound heavy to me too.

Thanks for the chart. I knew it was something like 10 to 12 percent of your body weight. The biggest issue with that though, is that unless you go custom, companies don't tend to sell blankets in the so-called off weights. You can typically find them sold at 15-, 20-, or 25-pounds, but I have never seen a 17-pound blanket or whatever. I can't imagine what a 20-pound blanket would be like to heft around daily, even if that was the size a person should be aiming for. Someone with more strength than me, that's for sure!

If you decide to get one, I really hope that a weighted blanket will help alleviate some of your sleep issues.

I bought a weighted blanket for my son who has had anxiety since he was in HS and is now in his mid-30's. He loved it. I purchased one with the lowest adult weight off Amazon, along with a duvet cover, for around $50. The blankets around 5 years old now. The cover is good because you cannot wash it. I bought the cover because the reviews said the blanket's weighted product seeps out, although we have not had this happen as yet. My sister just bought one for her husband who is deep into early onset dementia.

My son said it doesn't actually help him sleep but it makes him more relaxed.

Thanks for the chart. I knew it was something like 10 to 12 percent of your body weight. The biggest issue with that though, is that unless you go custom, companies don't tend to sell blankets in the so-called off weights. You can typically find them sold at 15-, 20-, or 25-pounds, but I have never seen a 17-pound blanket or whatever. I can't imagine what a 20-pound blanket would be like to heft around daily, even if that was the size a person should be aiming for. Someone with more strength than me, that's for sure!

If you decide to get one, I really hope that a weighted blanket will help alleviate some of your sleep issues.

Amazon has the 17 lb

Interesting. For the most part, when I was looking at them, I was only able to find them in increments of 5 (i.e. 15, 20, 25)
Just checked the site - search 17 pound weighted blanket
Bare Home Weighted Blanket for Adults and Kids 17lb (60" x 80") - All-Natural 100% Cotton - Premium Heavy Blanket Nontoxic Glass Beads (Grey, 60"x80")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter