weird ? about adding on points, using one less name than original contract?

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone :)

I've got a strange question I guess about adding on points. My sister may buy a contract with my husband and I. Doing mostly for my benefit, want to pay cash and don't have it for a minimum 160 pts. I have read the other post about buying with a family member and we are comfortable with purchasing together. My DSis and I have owned property together before. She is single, no kids and much wealthier than I. Unfortunately she has health issues and would travel with us when going to WDW. That's been our pattern in the past. DH, our kids and I will go for about a week or so, DSis flys in for a few days during the trip. Since she travels with us anyway, she's considering this.

Anyway, my real question is: If DH, DSis, and I are on a deed and then DH and I want to add points at a different resort, can we do that on the add on contract without my sister being on it? We aren't going to need more than that first contract all together but DH and I will want more points later on. Or if we are already members can we purchase a separate contract for less than 160 points?

Obviously I'm unclear on this. I hope I'm explaining this well enough :confused3

Thanks in advance.

No. An add-on must be owned by the same owners as the original contract. You and DH can buy an additional contract separately from your sister, but not an add-on -- in other words, whatever you bought with different owners would have to meet whatever Disney's criteria are for a new contract.

There might be some slick way around this, but I don't want to speculate on how you'd do that, or what Disney's likely response would be.

Darn, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for answering so quickly.

I guess we may go with a smaller contract on our own and let DSis stay with us when she wants to. She's always generous about buying meals etc to return the favor anyway :)

Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter