• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird items you’ve packed

I discovered that the little film containers fit quarters perfectly and used to take at least one roll on every trip for laundry at WDW because those machines never ever seemed to have money. One year we went through JFK post attempted shoe bomber guy and the screener kept going over and over my fairly small backpack for at least 20 min as we engaged in smalltalk. Eventually, someone else asked her what was happening and she mumbled something about a hidden roll of something like quarters. :oops: I immediately offered the explanation and made a well meaning move to grab it to show her and things got a bit scary for a beat there as I was told to stand down. At any rate, now I use a ziplock and am careful to not make anything look concealed ever.
The small prescription bottles work well for the quarters and are somewhat see through. I was once asked multiple times if I had pepper spray or anything of the sort. After assuring them I did not, they asked me to empty some things out of my travel purse. Turns out my cylindrical container of Dramamine was tucked beside my keys and looked like a keychain pepper spray through the scanner. They chuckled and let me through, but I was worried for a minute!

An ice pack....think like old fashioned bags you fill with ice for injuries. Ice is part of what helps my Migraine pain and filling a bag with ice has helped a lot.

Golf ball...roll my foot over it to help relieve plantar fascitis pain.

Hmm...I wouldn't think an of an ice pack as weird. I just finished packing to leave tomorrow on vacation and that was one of the things I packed. I've got a sore knee and icing it down after I've walked a lot seems to help it. I first looked at the single use ice packs, but to bring enough them was not only expensive, but would have added weight to my checked bag.

Hmm...I wouldn't think an of an ice pack as weird. I just finished packing to leave tomorrow on vacation and that was one of the things I packed. I've got a sore knee and icing it down after I've walked a lot seems to help it. I first looked at the single use ice packs, but to bring enough them was not only expensive, but would have added weight to my checked bag.

We would just double bag ziplocks for ice bags.

Of course if you had duct tape you could attach it to your knee .
Taking it off , that's another problem. 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter