• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird Question... Places to work at WDW?

Ciandella915

Mouseketeer
Ok, this is an odd one, I know.

I work remotely and am based out of Florida (but I live in Northern VA). When I go to Florida for work, sometimes I'll fly my husband down to meet me and we'll do Disney. We're Annual Passholders because we can do this fairly often. I've got a thing that ends Tuesday, so my husband is flying down on Tuesday to meet me in Orlando, and then we leave on Friday.

Annnnd my husband got the crud that's going around today. So he may not be able to make it (thank God for flying Southwest!)

I've done Disney enough that I don't need to spend entire days in the park, so if he stays sick and bails I'm going to just work remotely from Disney and do nights or something by myself. My flight is Delta and I've got another place I have to hop to on Friday, so I'm kind of stuck in Orlando waiting for that flight.

I was thinking of maybe going to the Grand Floridian for a while during the day or Wilderness Lodge, etc. Then I thought "Magic Kingdom has wifi... maybe I could camp out on the hub..."

All I need to do is bring my laptop, so it's not a lot of hassle. Do they allow laptops in the parks? any suggestions on places I'm not thinking of at resorts, etc?

Yes, they allow laptops in the parks. However, I'm sure you'll find the parks to be a noisy environment not really suitable for work. You're probably best off at one of the resorts.

That reminds me... last year we were at Epcot the day before the hurricane and we were chatting with a girl outside the China pavilion and she was waiting to do an interview on the phone! When we were moving on she was on the phone doing it and we gave her thumbs up. I wonder if she got the job. It was DEAD at Epcot because of the hurricane.

That reminds me... last year we were at Epcot the day before the hurricane and we were chatting with a girl outside the China pavilion and she was waiting to do an interview on the phone! When we were moving on she was on the phone doing it and we gave her thumbs up. I wonder if she got the job. It was DEAD at Epcot because of the hurricane.

WOW. More power to her!

Yes, they allow laptops in the parks. However, I'm sure you'll find the parks to be a noisy environment not really suitable for work. You're probably best off at one of the resorts.

Actually, the noise factor isn't really a problem for me. I work out of places like Starbucks a lot, just to get out and see people and I always have to have the TV on for noise. I don't need to be on the phone really either. So I'm happy to take any suggestions!

Not exactly a 'fun' place to sit, but the 2nd floor at CR (assuming no conventions or meetings are going on) is a great place to work. Nice and quiet, some seating options, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter