Weird things that come to mind

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
So recently my back has been bothering me and I needed to lay on the floor at night because the hard surface made it feel better. But as I am laying there I think what if we have mice and I fall asleep on the floor and a mouse runs over me or worse I wake up with one crawling on my face! Then I go even further and think okay I am a mouth breather at night what if one runs in my mouth when I am asleep!! Needless to say I did not sleep! LOL Then I progressed to what if a bug crawls in while I am asleep. My friend made it worse by saying what if a centipede or spider crawls in your ear!!

Am I the only one who can take something rather mundane and ramp it up to the point of ridiculousness? Then again is it really ridiculous to think a mouse might run over you if you are laying on the floor? I think NOT! :oops::D:rotfl2:

Am I the only one who can take something rather mundane and ramp it up to the point of ridiculousness? Then again is it really ridiculous to think a mouse might run over you if you are laying on the floor? I think NOT!

In short: No.

I lived in an apartment building where most of us became overrun with mice.
I woke up one night after TWO of them ran across my forehead (TRUE!).
I felt their little, cold feet & caught them launching off the pillow next to me.
Something I will NEVER FORGET.

However, I would be more terrified of spiders crawling on me on the floor.

I do sometimes worry that spiders are around. I cannot remember the last time I saw one in the house, but I do worry about them. I worry that I will fall asleep and they will just appear somehow and crawl on me.

Well to be fair, you don't have to be on the floor for a spider to crawl across you. Night before last I did actually smash one that was skittering across my face. Totally gross.

For stopping mouth breathing--Close lips and put a strip of surgical or paper tape from below your nose to below your lips. Don't use adhesive tape--hurts to remove!

Takes some getting used to, but it really helps prevent mouth breathing that dries out your mouth in the night.

My dental tech told me there's evidence that dry mouth contributes somewhat toward cavities and gum disease.

No mice getting into your mouth--another plus! :)

My anxiety brain loves to take out embarrassing memories of my past when I'm in bed and lovingly fondle them in my mind. My personal favorite is when my brain and I play, 'remember the time.'

'You told a joke and nobody laughed?'
'You fell in 5th grade reading class on your way to the teacher's desk and everyone laughed?'
etc, etc, etc.

My anxiety brain loves to take out embarrassing memories of my past when I'm in bed and lovingly fondle them in my mind. My personal favorite is when my brain and I play, 'remember the time.'

'You told a joke and nobody laughed?'
'You fell in 5th grade reading class on your way to the teacher's desk and everyone laughed?'
etc, etc, etc.

This is me many nights!

So recently my back has been bothering me and I needed to lay on the floor at night because the hard surface made it feel better. But as I am laying there I think what if we have mice and I fall asleep on the floor and a mouse runs over me or worse I wake up with one crawling on my face! Then I go even further and think okay I am a mouth breather at night what if one runs in my mouth when I am asleep!! Needless to say I did not sleep! LOL Then I progressed to what if a bug crawls in while I am asleep. My friend made it worse by saying what if a centipede or spider crawls in your ear!!

Am I the only one who can take something rather mundane and ramp it up to the point of ridiculousness? Then again is it really ridiculous to think a mouse might run over you if you are laying on the floor? I think NOT! :oops::D:rotfl2:

I put the laughing emoji on this because I think it's hilarious! I have weird thoughts too, and usually mention them to my husband who gets a big kick out of them.
But seriously, my daughter was sleeping in bed with her husband, and a Mouse ran over her head!!!! Didnt touch soninlaw. She screamed and her hubby tried to find the mouse but couldn't. They have a cat who doesn't seem to like chasing mice at night, LOL. So, it Does happen and you Do survive.
Thanks for my laugh of the day.:)

Last night I was thinking of a time in grade 5 when this boy used to annoy me after school and push rulers and pencils in my back in class. Never the tattletale, I put my foot out to kick him and wouldn't you know it, the big lump doofus fell and the teacher came after me!! I told her what happened and then was absolved but this was like 50 years ago!!!

I can have toruble quieting my brain sometimes. I think all the time, and I can tell when I am keyed up because I will dream like all night long. That's been happening lately. Usually, I can't get my mind off some nonsense, usually something completely pointless having to do with comic books or something - oh, how they live in my head!

In short: No.

I lived in an apartment building where most of us became overrun with mice.
I woke up one night after TWO of them ran across my forehead (TRUE!).
I felt their little, cold feet & caught them launching off the pillow next to me.
Something I will NEVER FORGET.

However, I would be more terrified of spiders crawling on me on the floor.
Ok I am so happy I started this thread because, I cannot wait to show this one to my husband who thinks mice do not crawl on people's faces. First of all, they have bad eyesight and second of all they must have sticky little feet or else how do they climb up walls. YOU are the living example of my fear except you did not have them run in your mouth. :rotfl2:
Actually, I don't know why I am laughing because as I write this I want to take it to the next level and say that mice have tics and therefore when they run over you, you could then pick up a tick and possibly get lime disease etc. See there is always some way to take it to a higher level.

Alright, the most horrible one for me involved earrings. Ugh! When I had the feeding tube in my chest, the IV pole was not very sturdy and had to support the pump and the 5 pound bag of my TPN formula. Because it was a nightmare to maneuver with all of that, I stayed in a recliner day and night. One night I got a feeling that something was close to me and opened my eyes to find earwigs on my face. I'm surprised I didn't wake everyone in the entire building with my shriek of horror.

I live in Florida, the land of the little geckos. I was showering one day and opened my eyes to see one on the ceiling above my head! I screamed for DW who came and captured it in a red solo cup and released it inside.

A few weeks ago one was hiding in my bath towel…that was worse than the shower because I touched it and thought “what is that?” Ugh. Now I carefully open my towel and shake it out.

I live in Florida, the land of the little geckos. I was showering one day and opened my eyes to see one on the ceiling above my head! I screamed for DW who came and captured it in a red solo cup and released it inside.

A few weeks ago one was hiding in my bath towel…that was worse than the shower because I touched it and thought “what is that?” Ugh. Now I carefully open my towel and shake it out.

You just reminded me when my son was little he used to go into my friend's yard which contained salamanders. He brought a couple home and I told him to get rid of them bc he told me they were dead. Unbeknownst to me he threw them in a trash barrel which was next to my kitchen hutch. So I open the drawer in the hutch to get out my check book and what crawls on my hand ? A salamander. I went crazy screaming because at first I had no idea what it was then then I had no idea how it got in my hutch!! Of course taking it to the highest level I imagine my home was now infested with salamanders. In fact infested is a word that comes to mind whenever I see any type of unwanted creature in my home, a bee, a fly, a centipede. NO it could not be just one lone mouse (which it never is) my house might be INFESTED!!

I have had spiders crawl on me while I was asleep. I have woken up with bites. So not only did they crawl on me, they stopped for dinner along the way. This has happened twice and each time we tore the bed apart, vacuumed, cleaned, and used disinfectant. Thankfully it was years apart and not recently. Now I have probably jinxed myself.

I cannot believe the other stories about mice!

My mom was recently bitten by a spider in bed,
which came back for more.
She felt the bite, thought she'd chased it out of her sheets
(it was small but she was unsuccessful in killing it),
but a few minutes later it was descending from the ceiling above her face.
At least, she thinks it was the same one.
She wound up with nasty cellulitis on her ankle from the critter.

And, beware of spiders in your showers and your towels.
I had a huge chomp taken out my eyelid years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter