Weird ticket credit & AP question

MDIME

Mouseketeer
Last March I purchased 2 one-day tickets for my sister and her husband to join me at Epcot. He ended up not joining us and when we went to guest relations to tell them, the CM said she put the ticket on my MDE account for future use. The ticket wasn’t there the next day so I went to Guest Relations at DS and they helped me, telling me that they couldn’t just put a ticket on my account bc it would need to have an expiration date of before I knew I would be back. They said the amount I paid for the ticket would sit in my account and can be used towards a future ticket purchase. To do this, I would have to go to guest relations and bring my photo ID along with a record locator number that they gave me. Since the park reservation system is still in play and my next trip I have a package booked, the ticket amount remains untouched.

Here’s my question: I would like to buy an AP next fall bc my daughter will have graduated from high school and I plan on several smaller trips to WDW. When I am there next month should I go to guest relations and purchase an AP and apply the credit to my purchase price but not “activate” the AP until next year? Would they even let me do this? Or should I wait until next fall when I want to buy the AP and do it in person at that time? I won’t be able to purchase the AP online if I want to use the ticket credit. Any advice?

1. When I am there next month should I go to guest relations and purchase an AP and apply the credit to my purchase price but not “activate” the AP until next year?
2. Would they even let me do this?
3. Or should I wait until next fall when I want to buy the AP and do it in person at that time?
4. I won’t be able to purchase the AP online if I want to use the ticket credit. Any advice?
1. You can.
2. I don't know why not.
3. You can.
4. We don't know (for sure) that to be true...
It is just something "the CM said." (Varying degrees of accuracy of that kind of thing, over the years.)
Once the unused ticket is in your MDX account, "Disney" can "see" it and they can deal with it in any way they choose to help you buy another ticket or AP.
(Also, figure that buying a ticket later rather than sooner may incur a price increase.)

1. You can.
2. I don't know why not.
3. You can.
4. We don't know (for sure) that to be true...
It is just something "the CM said." (Varying degrees of accuracy of that kind of thing, over the years.)
Once the unused ticket is in your MDX account, "Disney" can "see" it and they can deal with it in any way they choose to help you buy another ticket or AP.
(Also, figure that buying a ticket later rather than sooner may incur a price increase.)
Thank you @Robo! The CM stressed that I would need to show my ID to use the credit and she seemed extremely competent but I totally get what you are saying re: CMs not always being super knowledgeable. And thanks also for alleviating my uncertainty on when I can activate an AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter