Welcome back Platinum gift

disneycruisedreams

Mouseketeer
We are sailing on the Wish at the end of the month and are wondering if we need a beach bag or if it’s one of the welcome back gifts. I know they were different for the silver anniversary that just ended.

None of the new gifts (silver beach bag, gold wet/dry bag, and platinum towel) were branded as silver anniversary. They just debuted around the same time as the anniversary launch. So it has been discussed in other threads that these gifts will likely continue until Disney does another periodic refreshing. But of course, these are all guesses and speculation.

I got confused on this, as well, since the colors go with the 25th anniversary.

I got confused on this, as well, since the colors go with the 25th anniversary.
I have been thinking they are trying to change the color palette for the cruise line and used the Anniversary to make the transition. Time will tell. The older colors reflected the ship exterior design; maybe the blues and greens are to focus on sea and sky?

I am currently on the Fantasy Bermuda Western Caribbean cruise which was not listed as an "Anniversary Cruise" - we received the same anniversary gifts and lanyards - but I have not seen any of the Anniversary decorated desserts that were offered on the anniversary cruises.

FWIW, the one gift that we use the most is the shoulder sling-bag - we bring one on every cruise for use around the ship and during port visits - and I have noticed several on this cruise. I heard that there were 700 Platinum members on board - so I am certain, like me, they have more sling-bags than they know what to do with 🤣

I am currently on the Fantasy Bermuda Western Caribbean cruise which was not listed as an "Anniversary Cruise" - we received the same anniversary gifts and lanyards - but I have not seen any of the Anniversary decorated desserts that were offered on the anniversary cruises.

FWIW, the one gift that we use the most is the shoulder sling-bag - we bring one on every cruise for use around the ship and during port visits - and I have noticed several on this cruise. I heard that there were 700 Platinum members on board - so I am certain, like me, they have more sling-bags than they know what to do with 🤣
But I would guess that you did not get the print of Mickey that was the official Shimmering Seas gift? And have they taken down the decorations in the Atrium?

We are sailing on the Wish at the end of the month and are wondering if we need a beach bag or if it’s one of the welcome back gifts. I know they were different for the silver anniversary that just ended.
Gifts can change at any time. I am hoping they ordered oodles of tote bags (like they did with those aweful sling bags) and they keep giving them out but you never know.

FWIW - a beach bag takes up no space in your suitcase - just pack one so you have what you need. You may end up needing it to carry souveniers when you finish your cruise too.

We only have 2 of the sling bags...but I brought 1 on our Norway cruise to use in ports. It's a good small pack that fit 2 compact umbrellas, my first aid kit, some snacks, and a water bottle... basically everything I need. I did use a full size backpack for the hike to Pulpit Rock, mostly as it's more comfortable hiking with a normal backpack vs a sling bag and the bag lunch we were given would have been too big for the sling. I also had extra water for that hike and extra first aid supplies (wraps for twisted ankles/sore knees.)

But I would guess that you did not get the print of Mickey that was the official Shimmering Seas gift? And have they taken down the decorations in the Atrium?
Atrium decorations are gone as well as the Anniversary photo-op background. As of today, no Mickey print either. The next cruise will be Halloween decorated.

Atrium decorations are gone as well as the Anniversary photo-op background. As of today, no Mickey print either. The next cruise will be Halloween decorated.
Sorry to hear that you ended up with such an in-between cruise. But thanks for reporting back!

Are they still giving out the lanyard with the Mickey face slot?

Yes, the Anniversary lanyards with the Mickey face were given out. Although I have seen Gold, Platinum, and Perl lanyards on this cruise, I have not noticed any Silver - either there are few Silver on board or I was thinking they may have run out of the Silver lanyards?

The wonderful thing about the Anniversary lanyards is that the card-holder also makes a great luggage tag - much nicer than the round rubber one given out previously.
Are they still giving out the lanyard with the Mickey fa ce slot?

Yes, the Anniversary lanyards with the Mickey face were given out. Although I have seen Gold, Platinum, and Perl lanyards on this cruise, I have not noticed any Silver - either there are few Silver on board or I was thinking they may have run out of the Silver lanyards?

The wonderful thing about the Anniversary lanyards is that the card-holder also makes a great luggage tag - much nicer than the round rubber one given out previously.
The silver and platinum lanyards are very similar. The platinum ones have blue Mickeys.

I don't think that those are anniversary lanyards, though. They're just the new lanyards.

The silver and platinum lanyards are very similar. The platinum ones have blue Mickeys.

I don't think that those are anniversary lanyards, though. They're just the new lanyards.
They should make the silver ones paler or platinum darker as I agree, they’re too similar. I’m on the Wonder right now and from a distance they look the same.

My son’s platinum lanyard was stolen on our cruise in July. When my husband went to guest services, they gave him a silver lanyard. My husband showed them his lanyard, and they were like, “We can’t keep these new lanyards straight.” 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter