Welcome Home Center announced

macman123

DIS Veteran
We’re thrilled to announce the opening of Gateway to Discovery – A Disney Vacation Club Welcome Home Center!
✨
Located in the heart of Disney Springs, this new space serves as an interactive portal to discover new vacation destinations with Disney Vacation Club.
🌎
🌠
And opening later this spring, a space on the second floor for Members and guests to gather – stay tuned!

Just announced on DVC Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyVacationClub

So are they moving the main hub from Saratoga to Disney Springs??
Also from what I said this is separate from the DVC lounge

I hope this isn’t the second lounge they were referring to. That needs to be in park, not the Springs. Glad they are giving us more and I’m sure I’ll check it out though.
Seeing reports that this isn't the planned new lounge that was previously announced.

I wonder what this means for the preview center at SSR.... or the Boardwalk for that matter....

I still think DS is an odd choice to have a lot of energy around DVC... but maybe they think it is convenient.... To me, having the little booths in the parks, and then having some folks in the hotels is the way to go....

The only goal of the booths, resort contacts, etc. is to get people to go on tours. I’d guess that this is some indication that DVC would like to increase their tour flow.

Relatedly, I had my very first (but very gentle) invitation to the resort desk with the promise of a “free gift” as an inbound exchanger last week at Kidani. That has never happened before.

The only goal of the booths, resort contacts, etc. is to get people to go on tours. I’d guess that this is some indication that DVC would like to increase their tour flow.

Relatedly, I had my very first (but very gentle) invitation to the resort desk with the promise of a “free gift” as an inbound exchanger last week at Kidani. That has never happened before.

My intuition says this is DVC investing in their “2.0” version of the club. More exposure and more education will be required.

Maybe DVC 2.0 will involve better mattresses and the opportunity to purchase housekeeping for nightly service….

One can hope!

The phots inside are….well….underwhelming. Seems like a strange experience if you ask me.

Seems like a strange place to put a member lounge. A better choice would have been to put it in one of the parks.

Seems like a strange place to put a member lounge. A better choice would have been to put it in one of the parks.
This isn't the lounge that was announced in January. There is still another member lounge coming, though they still haven't said where it will be located. This appears to be more of a sales & marketing outlet. They said there will be something upstairs for members but no idea exactly what.

DVC has to pay for whatever space it utilizes so there's a cost to adding every theme park presence. This was undoubtedly cheaper than something like 1500-2000 sq ft for a lounge in the Magic Kingdom. Especially since the space was sitting empty, with perhaps no immediate prospects for a new tenant.

And better toilet paper?? More than one roll please?? :idea:
Hotels commonly gravitate toward thinner TP not just for the cost savings but also (to be blunt) because it helps avoid clogs. The embarrassment factor could prompt guests to try and troubleshoot themselves, which may be unsuccessful and lead to damage to the facilities.

Every room we've stayed in has roll(s) installed plus at least one spare. If you're not seeing that, it's a failure of housekeeping. They should replenish on servicing days, or call to have more delivered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter