Welcome Home Wednesdays

labst60

DIS Veteran
Is this worth attending? About how many members go?? would it be okay to bring our 2 year old?? How long does it last??

Thanks!!!

Good question for the boards. I always wonder the same thing myself!

Is this worth attending? About how many members go?? would it be okay to bring our 2 year old?? How long does it last??

Thanks!!!

I went once and once was enough- VERY corney IMHO. There were ALOT of people when I went last October. I would say it lasts about an hour and that was waaayyyy.... too long. They did give out some free bottled water and popcorn and a canvas DVC hat. There were a few raffles as well. I dont remember seeing any small children there, my son was 7 and he was very antsy. Its not something that you can go to and walk around, you have to stay seated and watch a "game show" type presentation. If your not staying at the BWV's I wouldnt make a special trip over.

If you've never been to one, and don't have anything else planned at all, you might go. Once you've seen one you'll never need to go again.

I wouldn't recommend giving up anything else just to go. Put it way down on your list of things to do.

If you've never been to one, and don't have anything else planned at all, you might go. Once you've seen one you'll never need to go again.

I wouldn't recommend giving up anything else just to go. Put it way down on your list of things to do.

I agree, Caskbill. Like way down. Like right under "root canal." :)

I am a survivor of one a few years ago.

First of all, they began late, "to give everyone a chance to arrive."

Then the presentation was really lame and the majority of us got the idea that it was basically aimed at trying to get us to use our points outside of our home resorts. The members there could only wonder why they wanted us away from the resorts. So they could rent out to people paying a higher price? So they could tag us with the $75 outside transfer fee?

When members stated that they really like WDW and wanted to stay there, we felt that the pitch became even more pointed: "You really should try some of these other collections."

So, my first time was my last time. But, talking to other members who have gone lately, it's more of the same . . .

What exactly is this?? I've never heard of it??

We will be staying at BWV in November and Wedsnesday is actually our scheduled rest day. Should we skip it??

We went earlier this month. It starts at the Atlantic Dance Hall at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. You do need your membership card for admission, and all adults fill in form for raffle. They have lemonade and water to drink and bags of snacks.

The hostess, Dee V. Cee, picks a couple of people to play the game and some are drawn from names in box, to play a game show similar to Jeopardy, but all regarding DVC. Somehow everyone is tied at the end, and if the contestant can't answer the question, audience members get a chance. My DD8 won a DVC pin which my DS12 is coveting.

At the end, they hold a raffle drawing with about 5 prizes and then it's time to go. All in all it lasts about an hour, and each time we have gone we have each received a baseball hat as a "parting gift." I swear my DH drags me just for the hat.

I agree. I haven't been to the current version of these meetings but went once to the previous version of it. We got about 10 minutes worth of info (all of which I already knew) spread out over an hour's time presented by an embarrassingly silly CM. DH and I were just wincing through her entire spiel.

It would have been a complete waste of time except for one thing: I met a very nice fellow DISboard member dvc_john at that meeting! So fortunately there was a very pleasant ending to the whole experience.

It would have been a complete waste of time except for one thing: I met a very nice fellow DISboard member dvc_john at that meeting! So fortunately there was a very pleasant ending to the whole experience.

And I met a very nice lady named LisaS (although Lisa isn't her name).

Hi LisaS!

It was so boring and it seemed endless. Go only if you have absolutely nothing else to do. They won't stop you from bringing a two year old, but be prepared, it seems a lot longer than an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter