"Welcome Home"

wkrider

DVC home: Wilderness Lodge Villas
Is it just me or do other people love hearing "welcome home" when you drive through the gates of you DVC resort. :earsboy:

wkrider said:
Is it just me or do other people love hearing "welcome home" when you drive through the gates of you DVC resort. Makes me feel that I truelly am at home. :earsboy:

It depends. Most of our welcome homes have been half hearted at best. Saying it like you mean it, now yes we love that. Most times it seems to be CM's just doing there job.

DAVE

Actually it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. We are at a hotel not home mind you we treat it like our home for the most part especially wih only a trash & Towel service once in a week which is preferable for us. We vacuum the place and take out the garbage every day and clean teh bathroom etc just like we would at home. A welcome home isn't important to us at all to be honest it gets tired after a few days at the resort.

Another one here for whom "welcome home" doesn't matter. I don't feel as though I'm "home," and I don't want to feel like I'm home--I'm on vacation at my favorite place, hopefully having a great time. :goodvibes I go to WDW to get away from "home." :teeth:

I stayed at Vero Beach a few years ago as a non-member. I don't remember whether anyone ever said "Welcome Home" to me. At that time, I didn't know the significance of that, so I don't think I would have really paid attention to it.

My first stay at a DVC resort as a DVC member will be in February. After all the planning, researching, saving, and - finally - spending I did in the process of becoming a DVC member, I for one and very much looking forward to hearing a "Welcome Home."

gppnj said:
My first stay at a DVC resort as a DVC member will be in February. After all the planning, researching, saving, and - finally - spending I did in the process of becoming a DVC member, I for one and very much looking forward to hearing a "Welcome Home."

Me too!! We'll be going "home" for the first time in November and they'll have to say it at least several hundred times before I'll really believe that I'm there and really a member!!!

:rotfl2:

We love hearing it but it doesn't make or break the vacation for us. We heard it a lot on the Member Cruise!

I am a big emotional sap when it comes to stuff like this! Maybe because this past trip was my first visit as a DVC member to one of my "home" resorts. One check-in I was told "Welcome Home" with a big smile. Felt pretty cool! But when walking thru the hallways at the villas one of the housekeepers that I was passing by gave me a BIG 'Hello and Welcome Home" Thats when it hit me...Wow! I have waited a long time to hear those words and...well...Awesome!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hi,

I love to hear a welcome home but don't really need it.

There's one guard specifically at OKW's gate that I've seen over the last couple of years during what must have been 5 or 6 visits--who says it so sincerely and pleasantly, that you can tell that he means and enjoys his job. (I wish I could remember his name).
While no visit would be ruined without it, it really adds a nice sprinkle of extra magic when you hear it! :)

The guard who welcomed us at BWV was so enthusiastic and sincere, I got misty eyed. It was a long journey for us to close on our DVC, and we were thrilled to finally be home.

WELCOME HOME is nice but it doesn't make or break my stay. :goodvibes

That we are at WDW is all that matters. :cool1:

wkrider said:
Is it just me or do other people love hearing "welcome home" when you drive through the gates of you DVC resort. :earsboy:

Not just you - we love it. I missed hearing that when we stayed at BCV - not ONCE did they say that. OKW? Every time and every time it made us smile. It's the little things in life, you know?

We like it as well. And our response....:"It's good to be home!"

I've only got 1 DVC trip under my belt, so especially since it was 1st trip, I felt so great when they welcomed me home. Hope to get many welcomes homes during my b'day trip in Nov!

The guard @SSR on most evenings (during our stay last month) was soo great!!
We drove through the gate alot, mabe 3 times in one day even, & every time,he would check our windshield paper thingy, give us a big smile,& wave us on with a big, "Welcome Home" :wave:
can`t wait to get back to hear that again, I really DO feel like it`s my second home!!! :goodvibes

DVCconvert said:
There's one guard specifically at OKW's gate that I've seen over the last couple of years during what must have been 5 or 6 visits--who says it so sincerely and pleasantly, that you can tell that he means and enjoys his job. (I wish I could remember his name).
While no visit would be ruined without it, it really adds a nice sprinkle of extra magic when you hear it! :)

If this is the older gentleman, he was part of the reason that I purchased at OKW this year! When I came back late on rainy nights, he was so adamant that I hear his 'welcome home!' that I had to roll down my window to please him! :teeth: I agree that it's nice to hear, especially when it is so sincere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter